Construction Operations Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $100,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Who we are:
We are a roofing company that partners with our clients to make their dreams a reality. We foster a work environment that inspires innovative thinking, strategic management, and consistent high performance. We provide unwavering commitment to our company culture and amazing service to our clients
Operations: pre-construction and construction activities (scheduling, material ordering and logistics, subcontractor administration, health and safety management, etc.), budget development, submission, and analysis, cost management, project risk evaluation and mitigation, quality control, and change order recognition, development, and management.
Estimating: estimate and scope of work generation, detailed and comprehensive quantity takeoff, accurate cost evaluation, subcontractor and supplier bid solicitation, scope qualification and evaluations.
Account Management: business development and client engagement.
Finance: reoccurring and end of project analysis and reporting, contract review, cost management and accounting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Apply extensive background and industry knowledge to support the project managers, estimators and the field to ensure they have all the tools, materials, equipment, and information they need to build the project.
- Facilitate and maintain the Business Development strategy to provide a consistent backlog of new and current projects.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Residential/Commercial projects.
- Negotiate and organize supplier and subcontractors' quotes, to ensure they meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders.
- Excel in communication at all levels to develop and maintain good relationships with Project Owners, Architects, Suppliers and Subcontractors as well as clients (GC’s) to acquire new project opportunities.
- Maintains high level of communication with all branch leadership teams to keep them apprised of project status, identify major risks and opportunities, discuss resources needs, or any other information necessary to assure project success.
- Review and price all project costs, impact events and negotiate change orders.
- Complete and monitor project budgeting and scheduling with project managers and superintendents to identify any potential risks.
- Oversee direct reports and assign teams to ensure all principal duties and responsibilities are achieved.
- Maintain thorough understanding and knowledge of the company’s accounting software to run reports, resolve job cost issues and do miscellaneous project research.
- Establish and implement procedures, techniques and document controls, material delivery and flow of project information.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports project financial performance and continually makes timely market required adjustments.
- Manage, supervise and train the estimators and project managers while focusing on their personal development.
- Self-starter with the ability to make decisions, multi-task, and meet strict deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well individually and in a team environment
- High degree of professionalism
- Precision and accuracy in calculations and documentation
- Able to work with speed and efficiency
- Excellent mathematics skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction operations; construction and project management
- Roofing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (preferred but not required)
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and estimating software
- Understanding of the influence of market conditions on pricing
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
You’ll always be treated with courtesy and professionalism from the Above All Construction team, no matter how big or small the job.
Our work is guaranteed, and that gives customers peace of mind that their home or office is in good hands!
Don’t cringe when you need roofing services because you’re concerned about the cost. We offer fair prices that are an amazing value!
When we figured out how to effectively combine these elements, we knew that Above All Construction customers were in store for something amazing, and, time after time, they have come back to us for their subsequent services and raved about us online because of their spectacular experience. These things let us know that we’re doing something right, day in and day out!
Our client has the experience and training to give you the roof you’ve been dreaming of, whether you need a few repairs or a complete roof replacement, don’t settle for anything less than our best!
The SMASH co.
601 Avenida Cesar E Chavez Unit 244Kansas City, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?