--Working with kids--Entry Level--Behavior Interventionist
- Posted: 12 days ago
- $20 to $23 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k,
· Behavior Interventionist's are responsible for assisting behavior analysts and case managers to implement treatment plans which consist of behavior reduction and skill acquisition programs. The candidate will work with the individuals implementing the treatment established by the clinical team within their home in collaboration with the BCBA and the case manager.
Good job for college students looking for experience in the realm of psychology. About Behavior Consulting, Inc, (ABC, Inc.) is an agency that works with families that directly works with children whose age ranges from 3-21 years of age, utilizing the Science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). The team is composed of Board-Certified Behavior Analyst and Licensed Mental Health Professionals. The behavior interventionist will primarily be working under the supervision of the Board-Certified Behavioral Analyst while they work directly with the individuals in their home. Trainings are held at the office, however due to COVID-19 restrictions, the trainings and meetings will be held remotely via teleconferencing platforms provided by ABC Inc until further notice.
- Model and prompt activities to train self-care practices.
- Converses with the individuals to promote social skills and social interaction.
- Accompanies families in community outings.
- Observes and documents behaviors in order to facilitate assessment and development of treatment goals.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Be comfortable working in homes (studio apt., housing projects, etc.) of families with limited resources.
- Attend training to acquire further knowledge.
- Provide services based in the science of Applied Behavior Analysis, including behavior management, discrete trial training, social skills training, and caregiver education to clients with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree (in progress) in a behavioral health or related field.
- Driver's License
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- Applied Behavior Analysis (training available)
- Data Collection (training available)
- Pass FBI/DOJ clearance through Live Scan
- Must be available to work between the hours 2:30pm-8pm three days a week AND be available for a minimum of 10 hours per week weekend coverage also available. Must be open for Saturdays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Working with children, and teenagers
- Social perceptiveness
- Service orientation
- Interpersonal Communication
- Active listening
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- Able to work prolonged periods of time in an environment with fluctuating temperature ranges
- Able to stand prolonged periods of time
- Able to frequently lift up to 25 pounds with or without assistance
- Services are provided at the home of the patient.
- Multiple cases will consist from driving to one home to another (drive time and mileage are reimbursed)
- Trainings and meetings will be at the office in Orange.
- COVID-19 Consideration
- PPE is provided
- During COVID-19, group trainings and meetings are virtual.
- PAID online/field training
- Ongoing support and supervision by BCBA level staff and management
- PAID CPI training provided on site
- Small, fun and reputable company with opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Competitive hourly rates starting at $20 per hour, DOE
- Paid drive time and mileage between clients only (within 1.5 hours)
- Partial cell phone reimbursement per pay period (depending on hours worked per week) and other monthly reimbursements.
- Referral incentive program
About Behavior Consulting, Inc.
1431 W Chateau Ave Anaheim Ca 92802Anaheim, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?