Aborn Pet Hospital is looking for a Kennel Attendant / Veterinary Assistant to join the team. You will be responsible for attending to the care of the kennels in the morning, and assisting the Veterinary Technicians as needed.
Duties (including but not limited to):
Cleaning cages, kennels, and treatment room
* Feeding and caring for dogs, cats, and rabbits
* Walking dogs.
* Bathing dogs and occasionally, brushing, and trimming of nails
* Doing laundry
* Cleaning and maintaining hospital premises
* Assisting Doctors, Technicians, and Recpetionist when necessary
This position is part time and schedule can alternate, flexibility is a must.
- Prior experience is a plus but willing to train the right person
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must not be afraid of working with dogs, cats, and other pets
- Must have basic math skills, and be able to read patient history
- Must have reliable transportation and be dependable for working shifts as assigned
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- The ability to walk, bend, stand, or reach constantly during a minimum 8 hour day