Abode Communities is a regional non-profit architectural, real estate development and property management firm. Abode Communities Property Management manages 39 multifamily residential communities serving some 6,200 low-income people throughout California. The organization, with a 98% portfolio-wide occupancy rate, offers a full range of professional services to ensure our residential portfolios, and housing portfolios of similar community development organizations, remain physically solvent and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Property management staff members go above and beyond to ensure each property managed becomes a pillar within its community by creating vibrant, connected spaces that support each resident’s emotional, physical and financial ability to thrive.
Our mission is to open new doors in people’s lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing.
The Janitor reports to the Property Manager and works as part of a team to ensure that the property is maintained in the best physical condition possible and that all resident service requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all janitorial duties of the property, including but not limited to the exterior grounds, perimeter of the property, flat roofs, parking lots, courtyards, laundry rooms, community rooms, common areas, hallways, kitchen, offices, and vacant units.
- Maintain supplies inventory and report needed supplies to the Property Manager.
- Assist in the preparation for inspections by regulatory agencies.
- Inspect property daily and report any needed repairs to the Property Manager
- Assist maintenance staff as needed in moving heavy objects, provide ladder support, and in maintenance projects where assistance is needed.
- Light painting over graffiti or small projects.
- Other duties as assigned by the Property Manager or Property Supervisor.
- Minimum of two (2) years cleaning and maintenance experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Basic computer skills.
This full-time opportunity comes with a competitive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, Flex Spending Account, company-paid Long-Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, and 401(k) plan with Employer Match.
Our organization is committed to promoting its employees’ work-life balance by offering generous paid time off policies (Vacation starting at 12 days per year, 12 Sick days, 10 Company Paid Holidays).
Abode Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.