Full Stack Engineer (US, Canada, or UTC-05:00, UTC-06:00)
- Posted: over a month ago
Abnormal Security's Account Takeover team is defining the next generation of security for Software as a Service and cloud offerings. Enterprises of all sizes have begun to adopt cloud offerings from google docs to box to slack: work that once took place in a single office building or behind a firewall is now happening out on the open internet, and criminals are very aware of the opportunities to steal data, hijack important financial information, and otherwise compromise companies that use these cloud services. Help us build a new layer of protection that will give enterprises the same level of security for their cloud offerings as Abnormal Security's industry leading products do in the email security space.
We're looking to add a Founding Full-Stack Engineer to our team, who will work alongside our Director of Engineering, David Hagar, work and our CTO, Sanjay Jeyakumar, and collaborate with our world-class team. The individual in this role will shape and elevate our Account Takeover (ATO) team by streamlining the layers of our architecture while working closely with our customers–internal and external alike. This role straddles the line of velocity and excellence.As a Founding Full-Stack Engineer of the ATO team, you will:
- Own and develop data-rich, consumer-grade, user interfaces and APIs for integrating third party solutions into Abnormal's unified cloud protection product
- Build the user interface that allows customers and internal agents to debug particular attacks
- Build a framework and specification for quickly adding new data sources, and then integrate the first data sources as proof of concept for our customers
- Obsessively partner with our customers to gather their feedback and quickly iterate to improve our systems - example - help resolve FP/FN or integration issues.
- Create a magical work environment with colleagues and memorable interview process for candidates
This is a full stack role: expect to move from tasks such as coding the UI for Cloud Unity one day, while spending the next working on the data integration platform that pulls in logs and events from cloud offerings, or perhaps diving into the ML systems used to detect attacks. Additionally, we will be building this with heavy customer input and are looking for someone excited to deal with customers, taking their feedback to quickly iterate and improve our systems.This is a unique opportunity in which engineers from various backgrounds could thrive. Here are just a few examples of profiles we think could be excellent:
- A full stack engineer who has worked at scale and enjoys building products from the ground up
- A customer-focused engineer who loves the idea of getting directly involved with our users to hear what's working and what isn't
- An aspiring entrepreneur who wants a rare opportunity to sit alongside our CTO to build a startup within a scale-up.
- A full-stack generalist who has spent time building pieces of something, but who wants more ownership designing a system from end-to-end
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- We prefer candidates who have at least 3 years of experience building & operating scalable web applications with modern frontend frameworks
- Continuing to grow into a senior, staff, and/or tech lead individual contributor role
- Moving from an individual contributor role into an Engineering Management position
- Positioning yourself to learn a ton, build an insanely great network, so you can be a Founder of your own company
- You're a fast learner who moves swiftly and autonomously, iterating on your learnings in real-time. You don't need knowledge or experience in cyber security, but you should be excited about the mission and eager to learn about the industry quickly. You have a deeply-embedded kinetic drive that propels them to make the impossible possible.
- You are an owner who takes full responsibility for your work. You are not a problem shuffler. You understand how your work impacts the business and proactively seek information to stay informed and act as a business owner, in which there is no task beneath you.
- You are authentic – clear about your opinions, motivations, and intent. You are curious, not judgmental, and always seek to learn more so you can improve your understanding of the world.
- You love building technology solutions that delight customers - internal and external alike. Yes, sometimes that means you are okay working late or rising early.
- You take a principle-based approach to building products/processes. You are intentional about improving 1% better everyday. You have high standards, we do too.
- Velocity: to move fast, make decisions quickly to help us outpace attackers and outpace our competition
(even if we make mistakes)
- Ownership: to empower ourselves to step up as leaders and take initiative with responsibility (even outside our comfort zone)
- Intellectual Honesty: to be curious and open-minded about the world, to fearlessly, and respectively share
our beliefs (even if awkward)
- Customer Obsession: to always work backward from customer priorities to help focus our work (even if we
feel like we know better)
- Excellence: to constantly push and challenge ourselves to achieve our ambition of being the best (even if it
feels overwhelming at times)
- Language: Python
- Platform: AWS (Azure in the future) through Terraform, Docker, ECS
- Frameworks: Django, Celery
- Storage: MySQL, Postgres, Redis
- Frontend: Typescript, React
- The opportunity to be part of a truly special team (we have 4.9 stars on both Glassdoor and Gartner Reviews). Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. Our customer base includes multiple Fortune 500 companies.
- A remote-first work policy. We are remote-first, but have optional working spaces in San Francisco, NYC, Utah, Seattle, Singapore, and UK/I. Safety permitting, host in-person meet-ups and company-wide offsites.
- A competitive compensation package: We grant each employee a base salary, performance bonus, and equity.
- Employee Benefits: By this point, we hope you can see that we care about our employees. Benefits vary slightly by location because of, well, laws, but feel free to share what's important to you and we will happily tell you how we can support you in your personal and professional journey! Yes, we have health care, work-from-home-stipends, unlimited time off, health and wellness stipends, learning stipends, team-bonding budgets etc etc :)
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are remote-first but have offices/WeWork space located in San Francisco,CA, New York, NY, Seattle, WA, Lehi, UT, and soon London, UK.
Our company is growing - we've been named One of America's Best Startup Employers, selected as a Gartner 2020 Cool Vendor, and our customer base includes multiple Fortune 500 companies.Interview Process:
Our interview process starts with a casual call with one of our recruiters who wants to make sure there is alignment, so don't worry about trying to be perfect before you apply!
Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Abnormal Security