Able Engineering -- Able is a multi-disciplinary corporate facilities support organization, for Fortune 500 customers throughout North America. Our assignments range from large multi-tenant office buildings to single-user mid and high-rise corporate headquarters and administrative office facilities. We also serve corporate and university campuses, data centers, high-tech and bio-tech research, medical, manufacturing and warehousing facilities.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall supervision of the engineering department within the facility assigned. These duties include but are not limited to the installation, repair and maintenance of the facility equipment. The oversight and upkeep of the physical plant, including grounds, utility services, HVAC, plumbing, electrical system, electronic equipment, yard and pavement upkeep in the best manner possible for the safety and health of all concerned, and to coordinate these activities as needed. Responsible for the implementation and documentation of site safety plans and all Able Engineering Services operational standards and guidelines as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering department.
REPRESENTATIVE FUNCTIONS OR DUTIES:
Provides supervision and is responsible for the implementation of all preventive maintenance and repair operations at the facility. Schedules emergency repair activities according to priority and the abilities of assigned personnel. Provides technical advice, encouragement and instruction to subordinates in such areas as electric theory, mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and safety procedures. Perform equipment inspections, noting equipment condition, insuring that proper maintenance is being performed in accordance with AES standards. Responsible for the implementation of the quality assurance program for all work performed by the department.
Direct or participate in various facility programs and committees relating to assigned responsibilities such as safety, disaster, fire, pollution control and civil defense.
Formulates, recommends and implements site specific polices and procedures to improve the facility physical plant and operations.
Develops a plan and/or procedure for controlling, labeling, recording estimated life expectancy, maintenance and inspecting all capital and non-capital equipment within the facility. This plan includes a long-term engineering capital plan.
Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete equipment items and provide assistance in formulating long-range equipment replacement requirements and coordinates actions with contractors.
Assists in the development and implementation of operating and extraordinary expense budgets as required.
Plans and schedules services of department. Establishes standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and quantity of performance, and evaluates results. Establishes plans for improving departmental work emphasizing efficiency and economy.
Communicates policies and procedures, discusses job problems, and employee concerns with supervisors and employees. Encourages development of habits and attitudes for improved
performance and good employee attitudes. Direct, train, evaluate, and counsel all engineering personnel.
Ensures that general safety, fire prevention regulations are enforced, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the facility. Ensures that all shop equipment is properly maintained and conforms to safety standards. Promotes good housekeeping principles and supervises housekeeping details.
Responsible for ensuring that the building systems are operated in the most efficient and effective manner especially as it relates to utility consumption and environmental responsibility. Implement a systematic program to promote energy awareness and conservation within the facility. Champion energy conservation programs to achieve maximum results from tenants and staff.
Maintains an on-going self-improvement program to keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance procedures.
Responsible for the implementation and promotion of the following:
* Supports and follows Able Engineering Services' operational policies and standards.
* Supports and follows Able Engineering Services' safety program.
* Perform related duties as required -- a "can do, will do" attitude.
* Reports to and collaborates with management of the facility related issues.
* Works with management on plant related and tenant related issues.
* Sets and maintains a professional work environment with staff.
* Assures good communication.
* Ensure standards of service and commitment.
* Ensure compliance with safe practices and standards.
* Develops goals for department, staff and self.
* Builds morale and a team approach.
* Complies with employment laws and Able Engineering Services employment practices.
* Supports growth opportunities and potential.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
* Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Chief Engineer. Prefer 5+ years progressive operations experience.
* Strong employee relation skills, coaching skills and training skills.
* As required, highest-level relevant state/local license for Stationary Engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license.
* BOMA accredited courses desirable.
* Preferred: High-rise Fire Safety Director, Haz-Mat Certification, Indoor Air Quality Certification, LEED Certification.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Computer skills and building automation systems experience required.
* Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required.
* Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled