Position available for a Full Time Registered Nurse to do home visits in York County for a home health agency based in Maine. We specialize in geriatrics and adults with disabilities. Position is for weekdays and on-call rotation for weekends as needed for weekend admissions. Amount of hours and schedules are flexible. Experience in home care a plus, but not required. We offer health insurance (Medical, Dental, Life, Disability), mileage reimbursement, travel time and earn time off paid.
Job Title: Home Health RN
Supervised by: Clinical Director
Job Summary: A registered nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, coordinating, providing and documenting care for an assigned caseload of clients usually from time of admission through discharge. Through the physician’s orders and the skill of the professional registered nurse, a home health plan that meets each client’s specific holistic needs and complies with the agency’s regulatory standards, reimbursement guidelines and the agency’s policies and procedures is developed and implemented. The RN provides preventive, therapeutic, and restorative nursing care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes initial assessment within 48 hours of referral, client’s return to his/her residence or on physician ordered start of care.
- Documents history and physical, psycho social health status, family support, coping skills, socio-cultural, educational and environmental/safety needs.
- Develops a written plan of care for each client assigned
- Assesses client’s condition; initiates plan of care; evaluates and updates as necessary, collaborating with other disciplines
- Adequately assesses and reassess pain status. Utilizes appropriate pain management interventions. Educates client and family in pain management
- Prepares clinical and progress notes, coordinates services and informs physician.
- Performs client care responsibilities considering needs specific to the client’s developmental age
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the client’s clinical status; adheres to the five (5) routes
- Provides skilled nursing care within professional scope of practice and counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.* Initiates appropriate preventive and rehab nursing procedures.
- Obtains all necessary physician orders and collaborates with the physician as client’s needs dictate
- Performs all aspects of care in an environment that optimizes client safety and reduces likelihood of medical/ health errors
- Initiates case conferences to discuss client care needs, progress, plans for continued care, new problems etc.
- Notifies appropriate person as to what weekend/holiday needs clients have
- Obtains pertinent lab specimens, sends to lab and follows up as needed with physician
- Establishes client schedules and indicates which clients may be seen by whom, frequency etc
- Re-evaluates the need for continued care on an on-going basis
- Plans for discharge from the agency with the client and caregivers. Makes referrals for alternate level of care when necessary
- Promotes client/family/caregiver education using various verbal and written communication techniques that take into account the client’s/family’s cultural, ethnic, and/or personal needs or preferences
- Supervises Certified Home Health Aides as determined by the agency and provides staff education
- Initiates referrals to other disciplines/community agencies
- Obtains needed supplies and equipment to provide care
- Demonstrates knowledge of current regulatory standards that impact practice
- Participates in agency’s mandated in-services, committees, staff meetings and quality improvement program
*Paid Travel Time
*Earn time off Paid