Position: Registered Nursing
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Facility type: Home Health Care
To enrich the quality of life of our residents by creating a sustainable, nurturing and professional environment through caring, personalized service. The primary purpose of this position is to provide high quality, holistic nursing care in accordance with nursing practice standards and health care regulations which govern the practice of professional nursing. Lead or direct licensed and non-professional staff in the delivery of direct resident care and support functions.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
Nursing Care Functions
1. Conduct the daily nursing functions in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the Home Healthcare Agency.
2. Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with the written policies and procedures including the safety program.
3. Admit, transfer, and discharge residents with documentation regarding care and service provided.
4. Participate in the orientation of new residents/family members to the agency.
5. Utilize nursing personnel qualifications according to the resident's care plan, wishes, andhealth care provider orders.
6. Complete daily clinical and environmental rounds to evaluate resident care being provided and report significant events.
7. Meet and resolve issues with residents and/or family members. Report significant issues to the supervisor.
8. Participate in agency surveys (inspections) as requested by management.
9. May be responsible for clinical programs as directed, e.g. dementia, wound care, quality assurance, infection control, admissions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within their communities and homes. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, medical staff, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
Prefer to have experience in nursing in a home healthcare setting or similar experience.
Must possess a current and active license to practice as an RN in this state.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Able Care Connect of Minneapolis and St. Paul