Program Specialist - Military Programs
- Expired: July 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Benefits: Health/Dental benefits, 403(b) retirement plan and paid time off included.
Reports to: Program Manager/Coordinator
Applications: Applications accepted until position is filled. Position available immediately.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please reference "Program Specialist Position" in the subject line of your email.
Job Description: This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt Program Specialist position. This position is responsible for the membership retention of the Military Access Program. Including the coordination and facilitation of health & wellness events/programs for veterans of Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Military Membership retention and recruiting
• Outreach scheduling to various VSO partners and organizations
• Outreach VSO's and other partners for new members
• Conduct military member appreciation day events as well as military incentive programs
• Leads the coordination, facilitation of health and wellness programs for military members
• Maintains records for military grant budgets and allocation of funds per the grant
• Assist with grant budgets and reporting necessary
• Assist rental coordinator with WWP Expos and Facility Rentals
• Assist with planning, implementation, and evaluation of various therapeutic recreation, adaptive aquatic and adaptive sports programs
• Collaborate with community organizations to offer a variety of recreation programs
• Actively promote facility and programs to members and potential members and assist with the development of promotional materials
• Be the point of contact and lead events, indoor and outdoor, when necessary
• Attend outreach events to promote Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center and specialty programs
• Work closely with other staff to plan programs and events.
• Assist in facility and equipment maintenance
• Assist with registration of participants; maintain related records.
• Maintain communication with members, members' parents and/or guardians
• Work with manager and marketing staff to promote Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center programs
• Grant writing and management for various programs for veterans
• Provide member assessments, ongoing progress notes, and evaluations.
• Provide supervision for interns and/or volunteers.
• Address questions and concerns regarding fitness programs and facility.
• Lead regular classes and other specialized classes as needed.
• Maintain and care for fitness program equipment.
• Maintain schedule integrity according to Easy Time Clock management.
• Maintain communication with members, members' parents and/or guardians.
• Assist with opening or closing duties of the facility.
• Greet customers, direct them to activities, and address their questions.
• Operate multi-line telephone system, providing information and/or directing calls to the appropriate person.
• Register customers for a wide variety of programs and passes, using a specialized software registration system.
• Serve as cashier, receiving and entering all fees and transactions and balancing daily reports.
• Perform clerical duties including, but not limited to, word processing, data entry, photocopying, and filing.
• Assist with a variety of administrative functions including, but not limited to, producing flyers, maintaining concession inventory, and assisting with facility rentals.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Hours: Work schedule requires a great deal of flexibility and is dependent upon program needs and will include some early mornings, evenings and weekends. Primary schedule for this position is Tuesday through Saturday.
Please only apply if you can fulfill the time requirements.
Supervisory Responsibility: Assist with supervision of interns and/or volunteers in various programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Exceptional ability to work cooperatively with others and create a positive relationship with staff and the Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center members. Have a considerable knowledge of adaptive recreation principles, theories and techniques. Knowledge of adaptive equipment in fitness, sports, recreation programs, and risk management.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Adaptive Physical Education, Exercise Science or related field; and one year of professional experience working with people with disabilities in the fitness field; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the above-described duties.
Must have current First Aid and CPR certification.
Clean criminal background required.
Working Conditions: Pressures and stress of the position include dealing with crisis situations, meeting deadlines and supporting a wide variety of participant and staff needs. Work is performed in a highly visible, busy environment, with a large volume of public contact and disruptions.
Ability360 will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ability360 take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Further, Ability360 will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of sexual preference, or any other protected status under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination and Employment Act, State Executive Order No. 75-5, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Visit our web site at www.ability360sports.org
BusinessView all jobs at Ability360