At Ability Plus, our mission is Enabling Lives & Dreams... Ability Plus offers a community-inclusive home environment to individuals with intellectual disabilities. Ability Plus is seeking people who are enthusiastic, caring, capable and want to make a positive difference for residents and care recipients. We offer a supportive team environment and career development opportunities.
Direct Care Staff provide personal care to individuals with intellectual disabilities in a residential setting. Duties include but are not limited to: assisting residents with personal hygiene, daily living activities, documenting behavior and assisting with medications. ALL applicants must present a high school diploma/GED, Valid Driver's License, proof of valid auto insurance and successfully complete the E-Verify process. All Applicants MUST PASS a drug test, background check, TB test and have a clean driving record. Benefits available for full time (40hr) employees after 90 days.
We are seeking Direct Care Staff for ALL SHIFTS. This is a great way to enter the healthcare world! The Direct Care Staff is responsible for the care, training and supervision as required of individuals with intellectual disabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in providing self-care and training as directed by the Individualized Support Plan or Behavioral Support Plan as documented. (such as bathing, dressing, toileting, eating, etc.)
- Assists with therapeutic treatments to residents with intellectual disabilities (such as physical exercises, occupational arts and crafts, recreational games, etc.)
- Converses with residents to reinforce positive behaviors and promote social interaction.
- Prepares/serves meals and eats with residents.
- Include residents in community outings and promote community inclusion.
- Accompanies residents on shopping trips and counsels residents in purchase of personal items.
- Observes and documents residents' behaviors
- May give medications as prescribed by a doctor.
- May train parents or guardians in care of deinstitutionalized residents.
- Maintain and submit accurate timesheets and communication logs, etc.
- Carry out direction given by line of management.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid U.S. driver's license or Official State ID
- Acceptable background check.
NECESSARY SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES - The ability to:
- Ability to communicate, write and prepare complete, concise and clear reports.
- Ability to perform housekeeping duties.
- Ability to intervene during crisis situations.
- Adequate vision and hearing to be able to supervise clients as required.
- Ability to remain awake, aware and alert during working hours and work independently.
- Committed to the daily care and quality of life of the consumers of Ability-Plus
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Working conditions are normal for a home health care environment.
- Work may require ongoing weekend and evening work.
- Work will require frequent local driving.
- Work requires ongoing interaction with intellectually disabled clients.
- Work can require frequent walking, standing, bending and lifting up to the weight of an adult
Ability Plus Inc