Abenaqui Carriers, New England's premiere bulk petroleum haz-mat carrier, is looking for a FULL-TIME CDL-A Driver Recruiter to join our team.
This position is responsible for recruiting CDL-A Truck Drivers including the sourcing, soliciting, and screening of potential drivers and for selling Abenaqui's driver compensation and benefits package to secure qualified CDL-A drivers.
- Building and maintaining relationships with potential candidates and confirm level of interest throughout the hiring process.
- Comparing a driver’s qualifications to our minimum hiring requirements.
- Explaining our pay, benefits, and current job openings to potential drivers.
- Pre-qualify applicants based on our minimum hiring requirements and the U.S. D.O.T. Regulations.
- Assist applicants through the pre-qualification and online application process.
- Maintain contact and track leads, applicants and candidates for current and future job openings.
- Manage outbound and inbound phone calls.
- Engaging driver leads from internet resources by e-mail, chat, text, resume searches, or other systems/tools as needed.
- Maintaining relationships with new hires throughout the training and orientation process.
- Be a mentor to new drivers during their first 6 months of employment through regular follow up contact via phone or in person
Do you have what it takes?
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED with 1-2 years combination of education, experience and training.
Preferred Qualifications : 0-1 year of recruiting, customer service or sales experience
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to make time-sensitive decisions
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic time management skills
- Experience in a customer service position
- Experience in a sales position
- Proficient active listening skills
- Knowledge of transportation industry and/or prior driver recruiting experience is a plus.
GED (Required), High School (Required)
Customer Service/Account Manager, Driver Recruiting, Sales
Those are the details of the position, below is the "who" we are looking for.
• We Care About People First - We treat our teammates as "professionals", and the people we do business with as true partners. Whether it's being the industry leader in E-log adoption; being flexible with personal needs; or ensuring we meet the promises we make to our partners, the people we do our business with and around, matter to us.
• We are Team Players - We are Teammates. Making one delivery in our business may involve 8 or more individuals who all have to have perfect execution for us to be success. One slip up, and the team fails. The remarkable thing is we execute this teamwork successfully thousands of times each day. We never blame each other, rather we take responsibility. We have each other's back and we work together to make each other better.
• We are Problem Solvers - We see our customers as our Partners, and our Team doesn't deal in problems, we bring solutions. At Abenaqui Carriers there is no undone business. We follow through and finish the job ! In its simplest form, our business is about solving our partner's need to move their commodity from origin to destination, as efficiently as possible, and often under demanding circumstances.
• We are Committed to a Higher Purpose - We know that what we do and how we do it, matters not only to the energy supply chain, but to the families of our loved ones; our vendors, our partners and the community at large that we operate within. The fruits of our labors honor God (John 6:27-29), by intention, not by coincidence. "Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31
• We are always striving for Excellence - Always striving to do the best with the God given talents given to us, and never knowingly settling for less. Good isn't good enough.
When we as a company embody these values, we are at our best. We encourage these values in every way we can: when we hire new people into our organization, when we promote people to new functions, and when we review a teammate's performance within the organization. It is vitally important to us that we nurture these values day in and out, in everything we do.
If these values describe you, and you're looking for a fulfilling career in a fast paced logistics & transportation company, please apply today.