- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As the Accounting Clerk, you will be a valuable member of the Accounting team. This role will be responsible for various Accounts payable, bookkeeping, and other accounting functions.
- Process Check Requests.
- Process weekly California Tax payments.
- Conduct Stop Payments on payroll checks as needed.
- Provide check copies inquiries as needed.
- General banking inquiries.
- Provide W2 reprints.
- Conduct American Express analysis.
- Process expense reports.
- Scanning / Filing / Organizing.
- Assist with any state or federal payroll audit information.
- Provides detailed analyses and explanation of transactions as needed.
- Utilize the company financial System to account for all debits/credits and ensure proper documentation has been included.
- Process Draw down requests.
- Process monthly commissions.
- Assist with maintaining SUTA rates in the accounting system.
- Help with month-end preparation, processing, closing, and reporting.
- Process EFT transactions and check requests.
- Investigate and resolve returned items from bank partners.
- Continually review all processing functions while exploring efficiencies.
- Provide coverage for others in the department during absences to ensure proper back-ups are in place.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager's discretion.
- 2-5 years in similar accounting position.
- Associates Degree, Bachelor preferred.
- Experience applying financial accounting practices.
- Experience with Accounting software and basic accounting/booking knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and under close supervision and display initiative, self-motivation, and dedication necessary for timely and successful work completion.
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to keep all business and operational information confidential.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines to complete assigned projects.
Abel HR Inc
AddressEast Windsor, NJ
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Part Time Accounting Clerk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.