Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Territory Rep, CardioMEMS
This position is a sales opportunity in the CardioMEMS business. This role will focus on developing sales revenue in previously untapped or under developed accounts.
- Responsible for achieving assigned revenue and implant goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and existing territory customers.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of CardioMEMS in a competitive environment.
- Provides engineering, sales, and technical support in response to field inquiries on an on-call basis.
- Provides regional procedural case coverage.
- Provides support as needed in the following areas: sales support, heart failure clinic support, training & education, clinical studies/data collection, new product in-service training, etc.
- Develops and adheres to actionable business plan.
- Performs required administrative sales duties, e.g., filing expense account reports, scheduling appointments, and making travel plans.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Interacts with customers and assigned institutions, physicians and technicians, customer purchasing and administration.
- Interacts with all levels of sales and sales management staff
- Ability to interface and interact with patients
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or four years of relevant work experience in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of successful sales or related business experience, preferably within the medical device industry
- Well organized, capable of juggling multiple projects and accustomed to tight deadlines.
- Excellent personal computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Schedule flexibility for case coverage and client meetings after hours and on weekends.
- Ability to travel approximately, dependent on territory geography.
- Experience with direct quota attainment and performance metrics
JOB FAMILY:Sales Force
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States of America : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 25 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf