Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This is a highly visible national field sales position. It entails selling Abbott Diabetes Care's consumer products, including Abbott's revolutionary FreeStyle Libre Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, to strategic national and regional mail order distribution partners. The position includes calling on the following key customer types: Mail Order, DME distributors, HME/DME dealers, and managed care customers. The selling process includes developing new business in defined national/regional accounts, as well as growing existing customer base. It includes determining customer needs, developing account specific strategies, creating customer commitment to change, and implementing training and in-service programs.
Selling, including cross divisional initiatives and contract development Assess business impact of contracting opportunities to include overall profitability and impact on sales and margin Understand and effectively utilize a broad range of financial and quantitative data and analysis Account leadership providing product training for key account contacts in support of distributor's field and inside/outside salesforce activities Ensure optimal contract value and efficient implementations/training Account Management/Customer Care Leadership and self-development Effectively manage assigned budget while maximizing return on investment
- This position will be responsible for developing business in accounts that are national in scope.
- The typical customer represents multiyear contracts and sales between $300M - $15 MM annually.
- Other accountabilities include budgeting, customer VIP trips to key locations, semiannual business reviews, accurate forecasting, preparation of customer business plans, and new product distribution.
- Four-year bachelors degree required in business administration or life sciences (including but not limited to biology, physiology, nutrition, and/or clinical chemistry) required. Masters degree a plus. Business background will aid in determining profitability of account specific strategies and relating to customer business issues. Life sciences background will be helpful due to technical nature of products
- 5 years of proven successful sales track record at Abbott Laboratories. Will generally require 7 years of successful sales experience if candidate is from outside of Abbott Laboratories.
- Also critical for success:
- Analytical ability, negotiation skills, and contract/legal experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including presentation and listening skills)
- High energy level; positive attitude and confidence
- Integrity and professionalism
- Initiative and self-motivation; work ethic and career ambition; organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Resourcefulness, leadership and team orientation
- Ability to work with peers from other divisions, and ancillary support groups such as Marketing, Contract Marketing, Credit/Finance and Account Sales & Service to develop account specific solutions
JOB FAMILY:Sales Force
DIVISION:ADC Diabetes Care
LOCATION:United States of America : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 50 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf