Manager, Cost Accounting
Abbott Pomona, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We're empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott's diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager-Cost Accounting within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located at Pomona, CA. In this role, you will have management responsibility of financial operations functions, focusing on assigned manufacturing entities. Provides direction to team members in the areas of cost planning, analysis and reporting. Responsible for consolidation of assigned manufacturing entity cost reporting and analysis.
What You Will Do
- Provides guidance to manager and division functional leadership resulting from cost planning, analysis and reporting which may include: setting production cost standards for labor and material, maintaining and updating standard cost files, partnering with manufacturing entity managers to develop and track budgets, updating forecasts, providing variance analysis, providing product cost analysis, etc.
- Provides leadership to assigned team of managers and individual contributors through setting goals which align to department annual operating plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring.
- Works strategically with business partners to ensure the manufacturing entities are taking advantage of cost savings and scaling for the future.
- Partners with manufacturing functional leadership on special projects including providing ROI analysis.
- Prepares the consolidation of manufacturing cost reporting and analysis from team submissions.
- Develops and implements common financial procedures and processes within the assigned manufacturing entities.
- Leads the development of standardized cost reduction strategies within the assigned manufacturing entities.
- Collaborates with other leaders in organization to ensure proper accounting and forecasting of entity financial results.
- Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Maintains a safe and professional work environment. Sets goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in all phases of finance and cost accounting in a complex multi-site manufacturing environment.
- 5 years of experience working with finance/accounting related software packages.
- Previous experience managing multi-million dollar budgets
- Advanced degree or credential such as MBA, CPA or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a managerial capacity.
- 3 years of medical device experience preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred. International experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
JOB FAMILY:Accounting & Reporting
DIVISION:ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
LOCATION:United States > Pomona : 829 Towne Center Drive
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Abbott