Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Field Technical Support Specialist - Engineer II, Integrated Systems will provide technical/field support to customers and Abbott employees. The role of the Technical Support Specialist is to install, test, troubleshoot and repair a variety of Abbott/customer-owned or rented electro-mechanical devices at a customer's site. This position is field based in the (Atlanta, GA, Dallas, TX or Orlando, FL, Tampa, FL) areas and will be primarily responsible but not limited to accounts in the southern region. For the purpose of describing this position, the term "technical support" refers to device, product or engineering support for Abbott customers and employees. This position does not support IT requests.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides highly visible technical support to Abbott employees and its customers through the performance of on-site installations/sessions, troubleshooting over the phone or over email, service and repair of complex equipment and systems. Provides leadership and guidance to other service technicians.
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers of Abbott and strives to exceed customer expectations and improve customer satisfaction.
- Interprets customers' needs and identifies the appropriate party within sales and/or engineering to correct the problem.
- Performs a wide variety of technical duties in order to test, troubleshoot to sub-assembly and component level and repair Abbott product in the field.
- Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- May travel to customer sites up to 40% of the time, in order to provide service-related support.
- May train field service/hospital bio-med personnel in equipment operation, maintenance and repair.
- Tracks, reports and follows problems in the field.
- Works from documented procedures, technical manuals, schematics, and verbal instructions.
- Uses a variety of electronic test equipment including meters, oscilloscope, and specialized test fixtures.
- Compiles and records all work and labor performed for both device history record and customer billing purposes.
- Reviews and analyzes log files from devices to ascertain system performance and relays information back to customer.
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university; and / or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org