Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world--in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals--that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Enterprise Account Manager (EAM) is a commercial leader that's highly skilled in building long-term partnerships between Abbott and current/potential new customers.The EAM scales from Laboratory leadership into the C-suite aligning the value Abbott can create through the Laboratory to the customer's strategic objectives and key performance indicators. The EAM envisions solutions possibilities across the Abbott Diagnostic Division portfolio that drives Abbott and customer's growth as well as customer's healthcare performance improvement.
- The territory covers all of MA, RI, CT, ME, VT & NH.
- Qualified candidates must currently live in the territory; moreover, they should live in Boston or within a 1-hour radius of Boston or southern New Hampshire or the northern suburbs of Providence, RI.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
Position Impact to Business
The Enterprise Account Manager deepens and broadens Abbott's relationship to key clinical and non-clinical stakeholders. Partners with customers' key decision makers to develop solutions that enhance their competitiveness and performance. Accountable for driving market share growth through new business opportunity realization and contract renewals. The role is instrumental in expanding brand reputation and delivery of sales and profitability objectives.
Key Success Factors
- Broad healthcare knowledge, to include factors influencing hospital/health system (i.e., government regulations; mergers/acquisitions; key opinion leaders and associations; patients' advocacy groups).
- Interpersonal skill and savvy to effectively work with C- suite level and coordinate internal resources to effectively create personalized solutions that meet decision maker's expectations.
- Highly skilled negotiator capable of running possible scenarios that address key elements for closing desired deals.
- Results oriented; anticipate where sales shortfalls might. be and implements contingency plans to close the gap.
- Bachelor's degree in business, life sciences, engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience developing and selling customized solutions to senior level/C-suite executives in healthcare institutions.
- 5+ years of experience understanding performance metrics in Hospital or Laboratory settings and recommending solutions accordingly.
- Ability to travel up to 50% in assigned territory and other locations in the US to attend training and support business needs.
JOB FAMILY:Sales Force
LOCATION:United States of America : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf