At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Responsible for ensuring that the assigned territory meets or exceeds sales objectives. Works with regional manager to identify and evaluate market opportunities and sales potential and to establish and achieve annual sales objectives in assigned territory. Coordinates activities with clinical consultants. Negotiates contracts with external customers. Keeps the company informed of market dynamics and competitive activity. Travel required 50-75%.
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Sells products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
2. Develops and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
3. Develops action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with regional manager to help the organization achieve its sales goals.
4. Identifies key accounts, health care professionals, and business issues that have greatest effect on use of company products by meeting with existing and potential customers to identify their clinical needs, goals and constraints related to patient care.
5. Observes actual procedures in the labs and operating rooms of hospital accounts to gain insight into the characteristics and specific needs of each physician and each member of the lab staff.
6. Establishes pricing packages by working with relevant personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
7. Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
8. Strengthens customer relationships by performing sales support activities (e.g. internal and external customer training, VIP trips, orientations, launches, and updates).
9. Builds networks of contacts on behalf of company to stimulate interest in company's products by attending and participating in trade shows, educational conferences, and seminars.
10. Educates external customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments.
11. Maintains clinical and technical expertise by attending company product training sessions.
12. Assesses trends in managed care, competitors, strategies, and new product development by monitoring internal (e.g. sales growth, product mix, and pricing trends) and external indicators (e.g. competitor's activities, technologies, web-sites, journals, and newsletters).
13. Prepares and submits reports to sales management by analyzing and compiling data, projections, and other relevant information.
Skills Experience Requirements; Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, 2-5 years of related work experience, medical industry strongly preferred.
Preferred background would include prior experience selling in the medical device industry. Travel required 50-75%.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org