Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.Structural Heart Business Mission: why we exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
Working with the SH Global Training and Education team to define the business, financial, and operational requirements of new learning management systems for ABT field, physician, and health care professional (HCP) training. Collaborate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new systems, and enhancements to existing systems to increase efficiencies, cost effectiveness, ease-of-use and global compliance needs of training curriculum. Determine ways of leveraging existing systems for new requirements. Enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow. Identify and resolve issues with existing systems for compliance, needs, and user-friendliness.
Manage a direct employee based in Brussels.Core Job Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Mentor Learning Management system for global field and customer training harmonization and compliance across all product lines.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands corporation's vision, goals and strategies. Develops appropriate IT strategies aligned with the business. Champion change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports those who initiate change and take risks.
- Business Acumen: Provides advice and counsel regarding effective system utilization to meet business requirements. Understanding the business processes in multiple businesses. Determines alternative delivery mechanisms.
- Cross functional Teamwork: Work with global stakeholders in within US, EMEA, APAC, and CALA for understanding needs and solutions.
- Interpersonal skills: Able to work with a variety of key stakeholders to understand needs, solutions, and develop alignment for implementation for a global SH training LMS. Able to work directly with physicians and HCPs who will be leveraging LMS systems.
- Compliance: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures. Participates in setting policies and procedures. Understand global data management policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Communication: Enable to develop concise and effective updates to key stakeholders.
- Reporting: Develop reporting systems and metrics for field implementation, budget analysis, strategic decision making.
- Training: Point person for training on the LMS systems.
- Leading People: Responsible for all aspects of people leadership; setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring, discipline and separations. Determine necessary mix of skill set. Confronts and deals with employees issues in a constructive and timely manner.
- Budget Management: Oversee & ensure that resources are available to meet the daily operational demands of the area. Oversee and control department budgets, project budgets and RCE's: develop, monitor and meet expense and recovery plans; continually look for opportunities for cost avoidance and cost reductions.
- Relationship Management: Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners.
- The position will begin with a direct report based on EMEA to ensure support of the US and EMEA SH Training and Education teams responsible for global training programs and curriculum (with alignment from APAC and CALA stakeholders)