Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Provides technical assistance to engineering to support manufacturing efforts by implementing corrective and preventative actions. Assists engineers in developing methods and procedures to control or improve manufacturing processes
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Provides manufacturing support by reviewing and analyzing data to determine manufacturing issues and trends. May also train operators on processes and engineering changes and perform operator certification on the job training and testing.
- Identifies, resolves and prevents Manufacturing issues by determining root cause and implementing corrective and preventative action.
- Reviews and dispositions non-conforming material by utilizing quality tools and by developing knowledge of manufacturing practices and procedures. Identifies and resolves systemic issues based on trends noted during review of non-conforming material.
- Develops and implements process improvements by researching and validating changes in processes/equipment and test methods to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time per established procedures.
- Supports process development during new product introduction by defining traceability and inspection requirements, developing statistical process control criteria, developing manufacturing instructions, and creating training sheets and certifications.
- May also train operators on processes and engineering changes and perform operator certification on-the-job training and testing.
- Provides input to engineering, qualification, and validation studies and reports by collecting, compiling, measuring, organizing and recording data, and by writing procedures. May keep lab notebook.
- Virtually self-supervised. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Acts independently or works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals. Assignments are often self-initiated.
- May provide work direction to other employees in work group.
- Actively participates in comprehensive development of plans including an outline of duties and project assignments.
- Demonstrates independence by prioritizing and completing assignments.
- Solves unusually complex problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Develop information which extends the existing boundaries of knowledge in a given field. Troubleshoots problems
Two-year degree with 6+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and technical work
experience. May also require a license or certification in area of expertise.
- Applies superior knowledge of highly complex technical concepts and/or develops highly advanced technologies or processes. Thorough understanding of product or systems fundamentals in cross functional areas.
- Recommends/utilizes/interprets advanced numerical and statistical data and/or computer software programs to present documentation and analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Performs and guides technical activities resulting from self-initiated or assigned programs leading to innovative applications of existing or new products, systems, or technologies having major importance to the department and organization.
- Creates the technical basis, including Records of Invention, patents, product definitions, developments and processes for proprietary positions having potential benefits for the business