Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- Develops and implements strategies, procurement plans and deliver results for value creation and cost savings in the fast-changing business environment.
- Manage business complexities and provide road map for sustainable solutions
- Lead projects/initiatives that have significant impact upon global business by achieving project milestones and objectives.
- Lead supplier identification / selection and negotiations of MSA/SOW/RFPs with key supplier for R&D projects
- Anticipates internal/external business challenges and drives change
- Develop supplier KPI's and management
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholder to support and proactively respond to business needs
- Ensure adherence to corporate procurement guidelines.
- Leveraging professional expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results. Leads the development of functional strategy.
- Leads change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports change and take risks. Promotes a Global Perspective.
- Understands the common R&D needs of multiple business units and to leverage Abbott's purchasing power to obtain best values for the businesses.
- Educate stakeholders on industry best in class Clinical and R&D procurement solutions.
- Manage initiatives that span virtual teams across the world and cross cultures.
- Partner with business leaders to manage and align the category. Closely collaborate with adjacent business departments, and external partners to ensure adequate and timely delivery of agreed services, in line with agreed service levels.
- Partner and collaborate with key Global Procurement staff of other Abbott divisions in order to support cross divisional business initiatives and explore Procurement synergies and efficiencies.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key category vendors as well as counterparts at other Healthcare/Consumer companies. Manage ongoing Supplier relationships.
- Develop and implement agreed purchasing strategies for category
- Initiate a collaborative environment among stakeholders
- Maintain strong relationships across various functions, demonstrate the value-add of leveraging and build enthusiasm and support for adoption.
- Ensure optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and good customer service
- Continually look for opportunities for cost reductions and cost avoidance and to provide overall value
- Manage category projects across business unit, and division wide when and where applicable. Participate in business projects based on category expertise.
- Lead project teams responsible for selection of category strategy. Responsible for people leadership.
- Identifies and deals with people issues in a constructive and timely manner. Responsible for overall morale of team and promotes cohesive attitude.
- Execute against established staffing/resources plan.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Operates with goals set by the DVP/Senior Director of Category.
- Has direct impact on budgets, expenses and major project completion.
- Manage/share Global Procurement Category savings goal
Key Organizational Relationships:
- Corporate head of Procurement
- Head of Divisions for Clinical and R&D solutions
Functional Heads ex: head of IT, head of Legal Division Purchasing leadership
- Division commercial and operations stakeholders Core and Lead Agents
- BA or equivalent experience required: MBA/Ph.D preferred
- Successful, track record within procurement
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or similar certification desirable
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification desirable
- 10-12 years of Procurement and/or deep Category experience
- Clinical and/or R&D experience in any of the following Pharma, Diagnostics, Medical Devices
- Strong organizational skills, including program/project governance and increased levels of staff oversight.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interdisciplinary, and excellent intercultural influence, and networking skills.
- Broad international experience and globally astute
- Strong ability to develop and execute against actionable implementation plans
- Relevant business process knowledge, as related to Procurement and Category Management.