Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Join us at Abbott Diabetes Care and make a difference in the lives of people with diabetes.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the market access marketing team in a rapidly growing area of medical devices. You will develop and lead the execution of payer marketing programs for the continuous and blood glucose monitoring portfolio at Abbott Diabetes Care. Addressing patient affordability and access is a critical need in the evolving managed care landscape. You will work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, HEOR and medical affairs teams to generate key messages and tactics to expand access of on-market and new products. You will be engaged in the customer strategy, planning and execution (e.g. training, account management tools/resources) to meet the needs of the company’s managed customers such as public and private payers, integrated delivery networks and key healthcare organizations.
Responsible for the planning and execution of key payer initiatives and specific promotional activities and tactics for customers or products to establish, enhance or distinguish coverage and access within the continuous glucose monitoring market.
- Participate in development and delivery of strategic and tactical market access marketing plans; take the lead in translating strategic plans into tactical plans, including objectives, goals, and performance metrics to measure effectiveness and progress against goals, to differentiate against current and anticipated competitive threats in market access channels
- Understand clinical (e.g. RCTs, real-world, meta-analysis) and economic data and stakeholder insights to lead the development and maintenance of the managed care value proposition for assigned products
- Manage marketing/advertising agencies and associated budget to ensure high quality, timely deliverables
- Profiles current payer account base, identifying potential channels. and execute marketing tactics within identified channels, e.g., Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, IDN, ACOs
- Review and utilize market research and other marketplace intelligence to ensure alignment of relevant managed care marketing plans and tactics
- Lead all payer pull-through initiatives, including design and implementation of key field access tools and resources
- Partner with Business Analytics on the delivery of market insights that inform payer customer strategies, tactics and product forecasts
- Develops insights, strategies, and tactics for reimbursement, distribution, and access to include, but not limited to coverage dashboards, access website support, payer team tools, market access account team messaging and access-related sales tools.
- Support and contribute to development of materials/ resources for sales meetings, conferences and trade shows.
- Train account teams on Market Access Programs
- Ensures that all activities within the role of Product Manager/Sr Product Manager, U.S. Managed Care Marketing remain in compliance with all corporate, regulatory, and legal guidelines
Who You Are
Furthermore, the following skills and experience are critical for success:
- Ability to work across multiple functions (sales, physician marketing, patient marketing, commercial operations, compliance, regulatory, legal, medical affairs, and finance)
- Proficient management of agencies to develop and implement creative programs and tactics
- Understanding of the FDA promotional guidelines and Medical/Legal/Regulatory review and approval process
- Working knowledge of US pricing environment and dynamics including payers and their formulary tactics
- In-depth knowledge of managed markets/access/reimbursement, market dynamics. and future trends
- Excellent oral and written communication, strategic thinking, analytical, and project management skill
- Proven ability to deliver results and manage a business; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook) is required
- Able to prove a track record of previous success
- Ability to travel up to 25% travel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree (such as a Master's degree or MBA) is Desired.
- At least 7 years of broad pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience, including 3+ years of marketing experience in market access/managed markets; category experience preferred in diabetes, medical device and/or therapeutics