Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Responsible for driving the process of continuous improvement and lean principles. They are responsible for their shifts' performance with respect to safety, quality, on-time delivery and cost.
• Maintain high level of visibility with production staff. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve production staff in problem solving.
• Develop a high performance work team with high levels of worker morale, satisfaction, and performance.
• Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one's own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
• Help production staff succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
• Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
• Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
• Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
• Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging production staff to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
• Support production staff in understanding company policies and practices.
• Maintain time and production records.
• Take notice of process related problems and support production staff in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
• Communicate with and listen to production staff on a daily basis regarding work team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
• Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
• Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They
are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements, which may change from time to time based on business
May, on occasion, work with a variety of production equipment, small hand tools, test equipment, and precision measuring instruments. Also uses standard office equipment such as telephone, fax/copier, and a personal computer with standard office software.
Working environment varies from standard office/cubicle with air/sound/light control to general laboratory and production areas with varying physical conditions including “clean room” situations.
Activities require a significant amount of sitting in front of a computer monitor, some standing and walking. Significant use of hands and arms, plus finger dexterity to reach, point, write, type, operate a computer and other office equipment. Performs tasks that regularly require good correctable vision and hand/eye coordination. Activities also require significant use of voice and hearing for discussions with other employees.
Bachelors Degree (Engineering preferred) required with 6+ years operations/technical/quality experience, OR 10 or more years of directly relevant technical/operations/quality experience sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge typically associated with the degree and experience requirement.
** Medical Device experience is preferred.
** Manufacturing background
** Catheter background/experience preferred.
** Experience working in a cleanroom preferred.
** Experience with Logistics / Lean
** Two or more years of supervisory experience in manufacturing or related field preferred. Will be supervising up to 25+ people.
** Must have the ability to analyze and problem solve in a timely manner, handle multiple tasks, work under pressure.
** Knowledge/ understanding of business metrics.
** Demonstrated success in error resolution, conflict management and working in a team environment.
** This individual will need to interface with individuals from various disciplines and areas within and outside of Abbott.
OPEN TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES AT A LOWER LEVEL BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.