Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Medical Device is recruiting for a Senior IT Business Analyst to serve as primary liaison between the IT and Abbott Structural Heart Commercial business areas. The role will work directly with sales, sales operations and marketing business clients and apply IT and business knowledge and experience to develop the business requirements and business case to solve for technology related business problems across Structural Heart. In addition, the role will participate in funded projects as voice of the business, work with project teams to ensure business engagement, readiness, organizational change management activities are progressing as planned. The role will also assist in business relationship management, business strategy and planning, portfolio/demand management and roadmap strategy development.
Investigate, record, analyze and confirm system requirements and business processes. Identify overlapping requirements/processes across the existing and new software portfolio. Independently conceives and develops general approaches to develop business requirements and business case. Exercises latitude in the approach to problem solving.
Produce high quality and concise requirements and design documents which accurately reflect the business requirements and can be clearly understood by internal or external Solution Developers. Provide ad-hoc advice and clarification to software developers throughout the development of the solution.
Manage a variety of tasks concurrently and show flexibility of work patterns to meet timeframes and delivery. Suggest new processes and techniques which will improve the efficiency or effectiveness of the team. Work is reviewed for soundness of business judgment and to determine if overall results and objectives have been achieved. Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices, monitoring progress and results, recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities.
Develop and maintain close working relationships with internal and external customers as appropriate. Act as a key interface between the business and delivery team to ensure that business needs are clearly understood, communication between the parties is effective and user expectations are managed. Approach technical concepts in plain English and with an approachable style. Demonstrate patience, tolerance and understanding. Maintain a professional attitude.
Understanding the Business
Understand relevant business processes, activities and strategic direction and use this knowledge to:
- Assist the business in identifying their IT priorities and potential solutions;
- Identify opportunities for enhancement;
- Guide continuous business improvement;
- Support User Acceptance testing
- Assisting with training and documentation
- Assist the Affiliate in maximizing use of existing IT investment
Concept & Business Case Development
Research and evaluate solution options and assist with high-level design of business and software requirements and planning of UAT, to contribute to the development of concept and business case documents for projects and enhancements.
Determining Solution Requirements
Define and specify business and software requirements for projects and enhancements, to ensure that new system development and changes meet user needs in the most effective way.
Review enhancement submissions and prioritization scoring to ensure that all change requests have been correctly specified, justified and prioritized, in line with Abbott’s PMO procedures. Where required, liaise with sponsors to clarify information and assisting to resolve possible scheduling/funding issues.
Assess the impact of change on existing systems and processes and manage their impact in conjunction with service management teams to ensure change happens in a controlled way, with minimal disruption to business activities.
- Project Management - Enhancements
- Project manage the development and delivery of enhancements through liaison with users and the system development team to ensure:
- Appropriate system and user acceptance testing is conducted;
- Internal and external resources are managed effectively;
- Stakeholders are kept informed of progress;
- Issues are identified and managed to resolution;
- Deliverables meet the documented and agreed business requirements and expectations
- Appropriate post-implementation support is provided for users.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or another discipline relevant for healthcare industry
- 4-7 years of IT experience in large or mid-size multinational company
- Must have experience with customer relationship management (CRM) process and technology such as salesforce.com or other similar solutions
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience gathering requirements and business process mapping
- Experience in pharmaceutical or medical device industry
- Experience in marketing automation (such as Marketo) and/or business intelligence/analytics (such as Power BI)
- Strong customer facing skills, with the ability to translate complicated technical needs for various non-technical audiences
- Excellent ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and build consensus, understanding the different priorities in various teams / departments
- Ability to multitask in the role with little supervision and many demands from many constituents