Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world––in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals––that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott Informatics is a subsidiary of Abbott Laboratories that develops and sells web-based laboratory information management systems - software used to manage the collection, processing, storage, retrieval and analysis of information generated in laboratories. We simplify the complexity of your entire product life-cycle management process. Easy-to-use and adaptable to your organization’s needs, the STARLIMS brand of lab informatics solutions support the rapidly changing data management needs across your organization. Our laboratory information management solutions can integrate with your current systems, while also identifying opportunities to improve processes so you can bring high quality and safe products to market faster.
The Sales Executive drives sales in the Southwest territory to achieve revenue targets, profitable growth, and gain market share. The Sales Executive is held accountable for providing accurate and timely sales forecast. Serves as the primary contact for all new opportunities. Provides update reports to regional sales manager regarding Win/Loss Ratios, Lead Conversions, Quota Attainment, and Customer Satisfaction. Demonstrates leadership within peer group. Develops and executes strategies for generating leads, building pipelines, and closing opportunities.
- This is a remote-based position; however, it’s strongly desired that the candidate currently lives in, or near, a major airport hub in the Southwest territory (e.g., Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Albuquerque, Phoenix, or Las Vegas).
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Identifies new business opportunities and maintains a strong sales funnel.
- Generates new LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) software business by effectively managing leads and opportunities.
- Works closely with sales specialist to deliver excellent product presentations.
- Designs and delivers unique solutions that result in improved outcomes for customer.
- Responsible for selling total solutions to target non-enterprise accounts (i.e., high-risk/upselling renewals; new business).
- Responds to RFIs and RPFs in a professional and timely manner.
- Establishes and builds deep understanding of customer and stake holder needs.
- In-depth understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Builds and leads internal cross functional selling team to execute account strategies.
- Analyzes impact of market trends and factors on customers.
- Develops strategic account plans for closing deals and achieving sales goals
- Negotiates long-term contracts.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Position requires ability to comprehend industry specific laboratory workflows (Pharma Technology, Forensics, Quality Manufacturing, Public Health, and/or Clinical).
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.
- 4+ years industry experience in a laboratory or science-based industry with knowledge of Laboratory Informatics.
- 5+ years enterprise software sales experience.
- Fluent in English; both written and spoken.
- Must be able to travel 50-70% within the assigned territory/region.
Preferred Position Requirements:
- Documented history of being a consistent overachiever in Sales (e.g., President’s Club winner).
- Consistently ranks among the top 20% in peer sales group.
- Possesses strong MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) skills.
- Highly proficient at using the Salesforce.com CRM platform.
- Attended multiple sales training courses (e.g., Challenger, Spin Selling, Miller Heiman, etc.), and is an active user of one or multiple effective sales methodologies.
- Bilingual in Spanish is also preferred.