Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The National Account Manager will serve as a primary customer contact for the Sams Club account. They will develop and leverage a thorough knowledge of the customer, industry, and competitive landscape. They are responsible for developing a strategic customer relationship with buyers and penetrating beyond the buyer to maximize sales opportunities with the customer.
The National Account Manager will have internal contact with the following Abbott Nutrition managers relating to sales goals and problem solving at accounts: Sales Directors, Team Leaders, Business Analysts, Shopper Marketing Managers, Sales Development Managers, Brand Managers, Supply Chain Managers, and Market Research.
- Development and execution of account marketing programs that increase awareness, trial, consumption, retention, brand equity and ROI.
- Responsible for internal selling, negotiations, and communications on brand strategies to fit customer strategies.
- Lead collaboration process with cross-functional team members to ensure product category objectives and strategies are understood and in alignment across the team.
- Create promotional events based on Business Unit strategy and utilizing the customer’s best promotional venues to drive sales.
- Achieve customer specific account quota through delivery of strategic and tactical initiatives aligned with Business Unit direction. Must possess strong skills in forecasting.
- Monitor proper retail implementation and general shelving conditions by working closely with Retail and Store Operations.
- Clearly communicate pertinent information regarding customer(s) to management team and team members– such as competitive data, supply issues, etc.
- Influence profitability by reviewing and adjusting current mix as needed to increase gross margin, turns, contribution margin, etc.
- Scorecard Management – monitor fill rate, on-time ship, EDI transactions, weeks-of-supply, forecasting, and markdowns.
- Conduct a monthly review and participate on leadership meetings for the S&OP forecast including: out-of-stocks, weeks-of-supply, promotional volumes, pipelines, deletions, etc.
- Measure achievement based on assigned goal by territory and brand.
- 5+ years related experience beyond the degree.
- Demonstrated sales management experience, managing multiple categories.
- Strong analytical ability and financial acumen.
- Skilled and experienced negotiator.
- Ability to lead a cross functional team without direct managerial responsibility.
- Expert knowledge of sales, forecasting, category management and marketing concepts and methods.
- Demonstrated ability to use multiple information sources to develop sales strategies and tactics, as well as effectively manage promotional activity and trade spending.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Ability to work in a large/complex company environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required