Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Responsible for managing, planning, and implementing branding and communications projects in the areas of advertising, promotional programs, public relations, trade shows, digital and mobile communications.
Drives the development of product promotion plans in collaboration with product marketing and global market development teams. Plans, creates, and produces marketing, advertising, sales promotions, and digital tools to support brand strategies and marketing objectives. Acts as a brand champion and ensures all communications is consistent and accurately supports the brand strategy. Is the conduit and hub within the marketing organization to coordinate and support branding and marketing efforts globally. Produces informational materials for communication media to reach maximum number of customers and prospects. Prepares materials for the sales force and evaluates and modifies promotion or advertising programs to effectively support organizational goals.
- Partner with product management to develop communication objectives and strategies, and determine and manage the project budget and the production schedule.
- Manages the development of marketing and sales / promotional materials to effectively promote and sell.
- Recommend and execute promotion plans.
- Provide channel strategy expertise to teams and recommend most effective ways to deploy assets and materials to achieve marketing objective.
- Manage and track material effectiveness in order to modify and improve promotion development.
- Provides direction to vendors by meeting to incorporate ideas, goals, themes, and budget for promotional material to ensure quality production and timely completion of projects.
- Acts as liaison between Webmaster, and/or vendors and product management and facilitates communication to achieve consensus and complete the development of promotional projects.
- Quality checks product at all stages of development and production process indicating changes where required to ensure quality of promotion being produced.
- Gives final approval to vendor and/or Webmaster after double-checking content, colors, graphics, and placement to ensure quality of finished product.
- Partners with product management to develop tradeshow objectives and strategies, maintains budgets and develops and manages the associated timeline and schedules.
- Manages and coordinates exhibitions at trade shows and conferences.
- Proactively promotes expansion of e-marketing, mobile, and digital tactics as a major marketing communication tools, domestically and internationally.
- Actively promotes Abbott brand by ensuring projects meet corporate brand standards.
- Interfaces with a variety of management levels on significant matters, often requiring the coordination of activity across organizational units.
- Participates in the development of others by facilitating training and providing feedback and guidance.
- Bird dog projects to completion and is a strategic partner to the product teams in establishing product brands.
- Will lead communication strategy aspects of projects.
- Provides technical leadership to business units.
- Acts as a mentor to less-experienced staff.
- Exercises judgment independently. Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Initiates and manages schedule for projects and project milestones.
- Establishes priorities of individual or project assignments. Selects methods and techniques to lead a project to completion.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve organizational objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred).
- 8+ year of related work experience in marketing communications, consumer marketing, product marketing, digital marketing (within medical device space strongly preferred).
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures and practices. Uses in-depth knowledge of business unit functions and cross group dependencies/relationships. Is recognized as an expert in work group. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with government regulations.
- Experience working on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Has broad knowledge of various technical alternatives and their potential impact on the business.