Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Job Function
- Responsible for the purchasing and supply management activities for the Digital Marketing category.
- Drive "One Abbott Procurement" vision across divisions globally and influences synergies among divisions.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in both Corporate and Division organizations to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
- Nurture stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business requirements and providing sourcing and procurement services that meet expectations.
- Drive reduced total cost of ownership by optimizing Tier 2 and Tier 3 supply chains.
- Leverage extensive market and supplier knowledge to drive lower TCO. Represent
- Abbott strategically in the industry and community.
- Proactively identifies areas of opportunity for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
- Provides insight to the business unit on how to best develop and leverage Supplier capabilities for the organization(s).
Core Job Responsibilities
- Liaise with managers to anticipate their demand for Marketing.
- Develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing purchasing activities.
- Evaluate and select suppliers.
- Negotiate terms for major purchases within established limits of authority.
- Develop policies, checklists, and other materials that describe the organization’s technical, quality, service, or reliability standards to help purchasing staff evaluate supplier proposals.
- Analyze and evaluate the organization’s overall purchasing trends to potential bulk purchases.
- Analyze and evaluate external price trends and new product offerings to reduce overall purchasing costs.
- Select and manage relationships with major suppliers, vendors, or sub-contractors to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of purchasing staff to ensure the team’s resources are used effectively and work schedules and targets are met.
Position Accountability / Scope
- Operates with goals set by the DVP/Senior Director of Category.
- Key Organizational Relationships:
- Corporate head of Procurement
- Manufacturing Head of Divisions
- Functional Heads ex: head of IT, head of Legal
- Division Purchasing leadership
- Division commercial and operations stakeholders
- Core and Lead Agents
- BA or equivalent experience required: MBA preferred
- Successful, 5+ year track record within marketing, procurement and supply chain management
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or similar certification desirable
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification desirable
Minimum Experience / Training
- 6-8 years of Marketing, Procurement and /or deep Category experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence, and networking skills
- International experience
- Some knowledge of markets by regions
- Some experience with Supplier management
- Ability to develop actionable implementation plans
- Relevant business process knowledge, as related to Procurement and Category Management.
- Deep knowledge of category technologies and products.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Some experience leading teams