Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Job Function:
Lead clinical and education strategy for US commercial organization. Develop coronary and endovascular curricula and courses for physician and allied HCP customers. Manage content creation, faculty selection, scheduling, registration, attendee qualification, course execution, HCP payments and compliance. Partner with Sales, Marketing, and Sales Training in communication and execution of courses.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Set educational strategy based on current need and future opportunities, including expansion into new product categories and clinical cases
- Develop curricula across Abbott’s clinical environments in conjunction with key faculty and internal Abbott stakeholders
- Manage team on projects, performance, professional development
- Ensure proper qualification of attendees and faculty, communication with the US sales force to ensure appropriate enrollment of courses, follow-up education and touch-points with attendees to ensure that all education is valuable and retained and that future needs can be understood
- Manage CEU programs and other internal educational content
- Drive compliance-mindset for team for all programs, including proper and timely booking of travel, contracting with faculty and vendors, payments, and reporting of physician payments
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures, including FDA requirements.
- Communicate regularly with sales, marketing, sales training, field development, leadership development, meetings, ethics and compliance, legal and marketing ops teams, including frequent communication with all levels of sales leadership.
- Lead all external educational efforts for new products and therapies.
- Conduct needs assessments, identify gaps in education, and design and implement programs to address these gaps
Position Accountability / Scope:
All Medical Education activities in the US for $1.1b product portfolio. Without relevant and timely customers education, patient safety can be jeopardized leading to unnecessary medical procedures and death. Improper records are auditable and could lead to fines and other negative consequences for the Abbott Vascular business if not properly managed and kept in a compliant state. Valuable and innovative Medical Education offerings create a strong Brand for Abbott and impacts Abbott’s ability to positively impact the market and customers.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Biology or other medical related field.
Experience / Training Required:
At least five years of sales/clinical experience including experience in medical education, knowledge of training methods and programs and adult learning theory; strong written and verbal presentation skills, effective in 1:1 coaching; demonstrated effective leadership skills; great overall computer skills, proficient in Microsoft suite of products; knowledge of the interventional market (coronary and endovascular), awareness of trends and changes in the market, customers and technologies and ability to assess and identify training needs and design and implement curricula to address those needs.