Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Sets up, adjusts and operates CNC/ Manual milling machines to perform diversified machining operations on work having close tolerance and finish specifications. Takes initiative to ensure work is done accurately and completely. Performs assignments of moderate complexity. Applies existing work methods to different known situations. Problems involve recurring, routine situations; usually refers more complex problems to supervisor or more senior level personnel within organization.
- When not predetermined or prescribed, plans operational sequences, selects tooling, spindle speeds, tool feed rates, attachments, work supports, etc., to suit work and material characteristics for setups.
- Positions, aligns and secures work between centers, Edits or creates CNC programs as work flow dictates.
- Calculate and sets machine controls to position tools in relationship to workpiece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holder and positions tool holders in machine magazines.
- Verifies that machine setup meets acceptable quality standards regarding operating sketches and customer prints.
- Performs a variety of turning, drilling, boring, or related operations to close and interrelated tolerance.
- Cleans and maintains machines and replaces tools as required.
- May set-up/utilize special inspection equipment.
- Notifies supervisor of the need to replenish supplies/materials and of any technical difficulties that cannot be readily corrected
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- AA degree in Mechanical Technology, equivalent trade school/military training, or comparable related experience in CNC machining is desired.
- Typically a minimum of four or more years of relevant manual and CNC machining experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the job, including the ability to set up and operate specialized and sophisticated machining equipment.
- Requires the demonstrated ability to read moderately complex blueprints as well as the ability to use, operate and apply a range of precision inspection instruments and devices, e.g., micrometers, calipers, height gages, etc.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and basic math skills.
- Must maintain an acceptable level of proficiency in all process certifications.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Occasional overtime is a requirement of this position.