Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Customer Support Specialist position is a key role in the service organization, providing both on-site and phone technical problem resolution for Abbott Diagnostics customers. In addition to technical problem resolution, the incumbent is responsible for developing customer relationships and building customer loyalty.
Key Success Factors
- Demonstrated ability to manage resolution of complex technical customer issues.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and coordinate assigned field repairs in a timely manner.
- Ability to integrate, engage and collaborate within cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to balance between technical skills and customer interfacing skills.
Position Impact to Business
- Partnering with the sales team provides opportunities to maximize service upgrade opportunities. Effective time management by the incumbent helps minimize potential customer downtime increasing customer satisfaction with our solution. Also, cost of service management including spare part inventory management and resolution through First-Time or Same Day Services impact customer satisfaction and our ability to renew existing contracts.
- Entry level requirement include a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, life sciences or related technical discipline. Ideally with intern experience in their field of study.
- Roles beyond entry level require a Bachelor degree in engineering, life sciences, or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience and minimum 2 years’ experience with troubleshooting and instrument repair and maintenance.