Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Provides technical support in tubing extrusion, by extruding tubing, combining resins and colorants, or working to engineering requests. Operates equipment to extrude tubing, cleans and maintains equipment and documents work. May work on new products, processes, test methods, create or update instructions, SOP's or other documents, or quality projects pertaining to tubing extrusion or the use of extruded tubing in products
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Applies knowledge of technical concepts and practices, and an understanding of product or system fundamentals, from basic to complex towards the resolution of manufacturing and/or research and development tasks.;
- Performs set-up, testing, repair, inspection, and/or maintenance of all area-specific equipment, materials, systems and or products.; Troubleshoots and solves problems requiring interpretation of procedures and practices. Analyzes situations or data to identify issues and trends.;
- Collects, compiles, measures, organizes and records data. Provides input to engineering, qualifications and validation studies and develops or revises documents and procedures and may keep lab not book.;
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule and assigned tasks or projects.;
- Communicates as a team member with other functional groups as well as with internal customers. May contact outside vendors as part of job responsibilities.
- Minimal supervision. Receives instruction in the form of objectives to be completed within extensive technical expertise. Projects reviewed at project milestones or completion.;
- May provide work direction to other employees in work group.;
- Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Initiates or maintains schedule for projects and project milestones. Establishes priorities of individual or project
- Solves complex problems requiring extensive interpretation of procedures and practices to provide leadership in evolving projects. Selects methods and practices to solve problems using ingenuity, creativity, and a high degree of independent action and initiative. Proposes solutions independently; makes decisions on projects. Develops and implements projects from concept to completion
Two-year degree with 6+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and technical work
experience. May also require a license or certification in expertise.
- Applies extensive knowledge of complex technical concepts and practices, and a complete understanding of product or systems fundamentals in a functional area and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Utilizes/interprets advanced numerical and statistical data and/or computer software programs to present documentation and analysis and resolve production, technical, or systems problems.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.;
- Performs extremely complex or specialized technical assignments usually in the nature of projects, requiring working independently.
- May design, develop, or modify area-specific equipment, materials, systems, and/or product. Assignments require considerable judgment, high degree of initiative, creative approaches in troubleshooting, and making recommendations for continuous quality improvement of work methods for functional area.