Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This role will serve as DVP, Medical Affairs for Electrophysiology (EP) and will have responsibility as a medical expert in support of the EP medical affairs division at Abbott. The candidate should possess strong leadership, business acumen, develop strong partnerships cross functionally with key internal stakeholders and exhibit an execution mindset contributing to successful results. The candidate will also focus on establishing relationships with regulatory authorities and gain alignment around expectations. The candidate will have a proven success record at FDA panel meetings, as well as proven knowledge of global regulatory trends and ability to navigate complex regulations, experienced in US and international submissions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Drive Medical Strategy Operations across Abbott’s EP business
- Set EP Medical Strategy for region and in affiliates
- Lead all regional affiliate Med Science Teams, set performance objectives in countries, adapt, and measure progress, guide and develop growth plans for the regional affiliate MS teams.
- Presentations as needed at regional, national and international symposia
- Represent Abbott from a Medical perspective to senior external stakeholders such as KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders), researchers, different Medical Association boards and presidents across the EP therapy spectrum.
- Lead Medical Advisory boards, ISS (investigator sponsored study) strategy and scientific programs, including oversight of Investigator Sponsored Studies
- Support of physician training as needed
- Participate and take leadership in global and local Medical strategy activities, safety reviews and forums
- Guard and ensure application of highest medical, ethical and internal Abbott compliance standards for all regional medical teams.
- Medical Doctor at advanced (EP specialty) level
- Advanced clinical medical/ experience / medical practice with expert level medical knowledge of Abbott’s EP therapies
- 10+ years’ experience in Medical Device and EP health industry
- Proven leadership and leadership peer interaction
- High mobility to interact with physicians across the region
- Cross cultural adaptability