Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Job Function Provide Process/Quality Engineering support to manufacturing, helping to ensure delivery of highest quality product to the customer. Provide Process/Quality
Engineering support to product development teams, helping to ensure
development of highest quality new products.
Core Job Responsibilities Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Learns to identify Manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming
material, customer complaints) by dispositioning non-conforming material,
assisting in identification of primary root causes and understanding corrective and preventative actions. May be responsible for working with process owner to bound product stops and document release criteria.;
2. Gains understanding of product quality plans, documents and systems by reviewing product specifications, quality specifications, and working with
quality systems. May be responsible for learning risk analyses and FMEAs.;
3. Learns Process Monitoring Systems by becoming familiar with systems applications and critical process steps; and through
familiarization with methods used to reduce process variation.;
4. Becomes familiar with Product/Process improvement efforts by understanding current quality metric data and learning the various analysis methods used to
enhance sustaining product design and new product development;
5. Learns Quality Tools & Training Materials by gaining knowledge of prevalent tools used and by reviewing & utilizing available training materials.
(Supervision Received) Work is closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed
(Influence/Leadership) Begins developing a network of internal resources to
facilitate completion of tasks. Individual influence is typically exerted at the
(Planning/Organization) Completes daily work to meet established schedule
with guidance from supervisor on prioritization of tasks.;
(Decision Making/Impact) May exercise authority within pre-established limits
and approval. Failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without
serious effect on schedules and programs.
Bachelors degree (Engineering - Mechanical, BioMed, Chemical, Manufacturing) plus 0-2 years of related work experience with a basic understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work
Minimum Experience / Training
(Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)) Basic technical knowledge of
concepts, practices and procedures. Limited understanding of business
unit/group function. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with
(Cognitive Skills) Learns to use professional concepts and company policies
and procedures to solve routine problems. Works on problems of limited
scope. Minimal independent decision making.