Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
Technical subject matter expert accountable for the engineering of Active Directory & identity technologies according to enterprise roadmaps. Accountable for delivering a comprehensive set of engineering services including: technical engineering, vendor product evaluation & integration, level-3 implementation and operational support escalation, problem management, and the creation of in-depth documentation and training materials. Research and development of vendor products and code releases, lab driven proof-of-concept analysis and testing, production planning, and installation procedure construction. This position advises on long-range Active Directory technology capabilities and supports technical execution plans delivered by cross functional teams in border and internal network teams, desktop and server organizations.
Scope includes Identity & Authentication Technologies (e.g.; Active Directory, PKI, Cloud Authentication, Certificate Authorities Radius, LDAP, SAML, Merger & Acquisition Integration, Migration and Divestiture, etc.). Solution implementation to include application integration with the infrastructure ensuring the application functions and performs as required.
Open to hiring ideal candidates at the following locations:
- Metro Chicago area (Lake Forest, IL)
- Metro Twin Cities (St. Paul/Minneapolis)
- Columbus, Ohio
- Dallas Ft. Worth
- Austin TX
- Santa Clara, CA
- Alameda, CA
- Greater Los Angeles area ( Temecula, CA and Sylmar, CA)
- Greater San Diego, CA
Core Job Responsibilities
- Supports implementation of enterprise Active Directory architecture standards in field of expertise according to identity best practices and security standards. Works with management team to develop vision, mission and long-term strategy of the technology architecture.
- Serves as the cross-platform technical subject matter expert and provides consulting to Design Engineers in BTS IT, Division IT, and end-user organizations.
- Engineers technical enterprise projects that span multiple BTS services with including software/application implications. Establishes criteria and performs technology evaluations including lab analysis and proof of concept, along with supporting analysis and documentation.
- Engages suppliers to influence their products and services in directions favorable to Abbott. Typically interacts with product development, engineering and product management.
- Participates in the development & implementation of Abbott's IT Strategy, produces technical position papers and delivers design recommendations that span enterprise identity & authentication infrastructure/application deployments.
- Supports the comprehensive BTS technical community and provides the intellectual bridge to corollary technical disciplines.
- Participate in multi-discipline design or problem resolution sessions.
- Directly interfaces with and develops identity & authentication solutions for specialty organizations that demand extraordinary IT solutions.
- Distills industry trends, establishes technical infrastructure engineering roadmaps, provides technical and financial implications/risk to management across IT and cybersecurity.
- Works with the Security Architecture team to implement Abbott Security policies as applicable to the identity infrastructure environment.
- Responsible for awareness of technology trends and the execution of global strategies that satisfy the business-critical reliance that Abbott is increasingly placing on its Active Directory infrastructure.
- Directly impacts the operation and profitability of every division through their reliance on the infrastructure to provide access to data and Abbott’s Enterprise and Business critical applications globally.
- Demonstrates mastery of the concepts and theory of infrastructure. Demonstrated knowledge across data network disciplines, computing platforms, network-based technologies, and applications. Demonstrates ability to evaluate and assess emerging technologies and estimate impact on the existing infrastructure.
- Provides technical thought leadership within the BTS technical community. Provides cross-discipline leadership to arrive at mutually-agreeable solutions to business needs.
- Addresses technically complex, less-well-defined conceptual issues and delivers technology solutions that span the comprehensive IT organization.
- Researches, designs and develops new systems technologies that could provide Abbott a competitive advantage. Manages technology programs at the enterprise level.
- Acts independently to achieve organization objectives, uncover, and resolve issues. Recommends technical programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Demonstrates a strong customer-centric approach, an empathy for global cultural differences, and excellent communications skills.
- Responsible for technology evaluations. Establishes evaluation criteria for the Formal Technical Review Board methodology to recommend Abbott Standards.
Minimum Experience/Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in a technology discipline
- 10+ years doing Enterprise Active Directory architecture.
- 3+ years IT experience in regulated large, enterprise, with multi-location data centers.
- CISSP or other security certification is a plus
- Microsoft technology certification is a plus
PKI experience a plus.