One of the ways that ALEC takes care of it's employees is by offering great benefits, including a FREE medical plan, generous paid time off and holidays, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 per year!
Job Summary: Reviews first and second mortgage requests to analyze for credit quality and program acceptance. Approves mortgage loan requests consistent with internal and investor guidelines. Utilizes automated underwriting systems. Assists with all aspects of loan processing in addition to general office management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes new applications, input data in loan origination system (LOS) and generates initial disclosures
- Approves first and second mortgage loan requests
- Organizes and monitors loan files to ensure timely processing
- Interfaces/corresponds directly with credit union business partners
- Utilizes automated underwriting systems – Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector
- Performs post-closing function – insures file integrity
- Submits loan files to investor for approval
- Assists Loan Originators with loan fulfillment
- Assists Home Equity underwriting and quality control
- Maintains a professional appearance and image while conducting business with members and vendors
- Responsible for exceptional member service to every member, internal and external, every time by adhering to the ALEC Service Model
- Adheres to all credit union policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Member Service Standards – Focus on member; maintain and enhance self-esteem; listen to show understanding (acknowledging, paraphrasing, and empathizing); maintain personal responsibility; manage complaints effectively; resolve a co-worker’s problem
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, process, requirements or cultures
- Initiative – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive; originating action to improve existing conditions and processes
- Integrity – Maintaining, promoting and modeling social, ethical and organization norms; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principals
- Teamwork – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external partners to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Required: High School Diploma and related field experience
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree and related field experience
- Required: Knowledge of financial services industry, especially mortgages
- Preferred: Minimum three years mortgage underwriting. Knowledge of financial services
- industry, especially FNMA/FHLMC guidelines
- Ability to perform analysis of loan requests
- Ability to organize work flow, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and members
- Knowledge of various credit union products, services, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of FNMA and FHLMC secondary market requirements
- Operating knowledge of secondary market automated underwriting systems
Travel Requirements: N/A
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.