Director of IT Infrastructure
Abbott Laboratories Employees Credit Union (ALEC) Gurnee, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Job Summary: The Director of IT Infrastructure oversees the direction, implementation, and advancement of the technical infrastructure of the credit union. The individual reports to the Senior Vice President of IT/Risk and is responsible for determining current and future enterprise infrastructure vision, operations and execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures cost-effective design, development, integration, implementation, testing, and maintenance of new services, tools, equipment and systems in support of business objectives and requirements.
- Oversees the daily operations related to the credit union’s networks, system, telecommunications, cloud services, database administration, and Service Desk operations.
- Works closely with the Senior Vice President of IT/Risk, Information Security area, and the Business Intelligence area to develop and implement the credit union’s technology initiatives.
- Manages IT vendor relationships and is responsible to perform vendor management duties.
- Tasked with leading, motivating, and developing direct reports to provide best-in-class support and execution.
- Oversees information security resources on IT equipment according to the policies and standards set forth by the Information Security area.
- Identifies and manages the evaluation, adoption, and execution of emerging technologies.
- Maintains operational expenses for the IT area. This includes the creation and administration of an annual budget and forecasting of future expenses for the department due to lifecycle management. Reviews and approves monthly invoices.
- Facilitates IT audits and reviews.
- Works with Senior Management to recommend, create, and support organizational needs as it relates to information systems based on growth, reliability, and security.
- Administers the credit union’s Disaster Recovery strategy for critical systems and infrastructure.
- Prioritizes, delegates, and oversees the deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes with all IT related systems and projects.
- Must be able to plan and direct the work of self and others
- Must be able to perform job functions independently and work effectively both on own and as part of a team
- Able to attract, develop and retain talent and build high performing teams
- Must be capable of exercising the highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters
- Must be able to routinely perform work on a computer for 6-8 hours per day, when necessary
- Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure, quality and accuracy under stress of deadlines/requirements
Supervises: IT Manager, IT Support Specialist (2) and Network Administrator
Required: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree or MBA preferred
Required: Minimum of five (5) years of management experience in information technology.
Preferred: 5+ years of management experience in information technology in a financial institution. Experience leading organizational efforts on systems development, Service Desk management, network operations, and Information Security operations.
Travel Requirements: 5% local travel to service centers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone and general office equipment.
- Employee will frequently need to move around to communicate with co-workers.
- Employee may occasionally be required to bend, crawl and lift up to 20 pounds to assist with installs.
The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Setting the bar high is a proud tradition at ALEC that has resulted in the strong, loyal support of our members. We welcome bright, people-oriented professionals who want to build their career and help our credit union continue to expand its presence, offerings and the people it serves.
One of the ways that ALEC takes care of our employees is by offering great benefits, including a FREE medical plan, generous paid time off and holidays, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 per year.
Abbott Laboratories Employees Credit Union (ALEC)Why Work Here?
Great growing company with competitive benefits
ALEC is one of the largest credit unions in Illinois backed by the strength and stability of nearly one billion in assets. Every day, we work hard to prove our commitment to provide the very best financial products and services to more than 30,000 ALEC members. Setting the bar high is a proud tradition at ALEC that has resulted in the strong, loyal support of our members. We welcome bright, people-oriented professionals who want to build their career and help our credit union continue to expand its presence, offerings and the people it serves. One of the ways that ALEC takes care of our employees is by offering great benefits, including a FREE medical plan, generous paid time off and holidays, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 per year.
325 Tri-State PkwyGurnee, IL