Superintendent - Healthcare
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Abbott, it's all about providing an exceptional experience - for our clients, our construction partners and most importantly, our employees. Our team is made up of talented professionals who fully embrace the company's brand pillars of stewardship, collaboration and integrity. They are respectful, hardworking individuals who take pride in what they do and in helping others achieve their goals. In addition, Abbott's size, combined with the versatile talents of our team, gives us the unique ability to adapt resources and approaches based on specific needs. This flexibility not only enables us to stand out from the crowd by being a responsive business partner who can quickly adjust to any situation, but also offer diverse and rewarding opportunities to our employees.
The Superintendent manages the field operations in the delivery of a project through final completion and closeout. The Superintendent is responsible for directing the field in alignment with core values in terms that are clearly established on a job-by-job basis.
- Act as the primary leader of the jobsite.
- Develop, update, monitor, and execute the project safety plan.
- Determine field personnel assignments.
- Coordinate field personnel staffing needs with the Field Operations Manager.
- Lead the development of the field staff including foremen, carpenters, and laborers that will support our long-term corporate growth and vision.
- Oversee the progression of the work and overall management of the project schedule.
- Strengthen jobsite culture according to core values.
- Participate in regular and continuous on-site interface with project teams to provide support, guidance, and evaluate risk.
- Participate in pre-construction and other project acquisition initiatives as requested.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of all divisions and phases of construction work.
- Solicit regular input from key suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors in the development and updating of the project schedule and the overall execution of work.
- Optimize field crews to achieve and maintain maximum craft productivity at the lowest possible labor and material costs.
- Understand production rates and unit costs for all direct work.
- Prepare and maintain jobsite daily reporting logs.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with architects, engineers and owner representatives.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of all applicable codes, regulations and compliance issues associated with all agencies governing the project.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and comply with our company vehicle safety program
- Ability to work with and lead a team in alignment with core values
- Desire to motivate, inspire, and develop people
- Utilizes good judgment and remains efficient while under stress
- Experience in Healthcare Construction required
Abbott offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, vision, dental, vacation & sick time, 401(k) with match and more.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abbott Construction participates in E-Verify.
Recruiters, please do not contact. Unsolicited resumes from recruiters will not be considered. Abbott Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
ConstructionView all jobs at Abbott Construction