Abbott & Associates Professional Placement Beaverton, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are searching for two Registered Nurses on behalf of a not-for-profit healthcare organization that primarily serves the rural, farm worker communities of Washington and Yamhill counties. As a Registered Nurse your main responsibility will be to provide telephone triage services in a primary care health center environment.
We are ideally looking for people who have experience working with EPIC. Spanish speaking and reading skills are not required at this time. BSN is not required.
Hours are Monday-Friday 10am-7pm.
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) provides holistic patient care service as a member of the primary care team. The RN performs routine clinical tasks necessary for efficient patient care and assists other patient care providers as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess patient needs through problem-oriented history, including past medical history, current problems and vital signs.
- Identify patients with significant health risks, including patients at risk due to hereditary factors, lifestyle, diet, substance abuse, social/cultural/environmental factors, and/or inadequate understanding of their disease process or treatment plan.
- Perform patient education involving explanation to the patient of diagnosis, treatment plan (including use of medications and their effects and side effects), infection control (if indicated), and preventative techniques to lower patient risk of future disease or accident.
- Assess patient needs through telephone interviews – advise patients over the phone and identify patients with urgent care needs.
- Triage patients who arrive without appointments, including assessment and evaluation for need of medical care based on their medical history, present complaint, vital signs, and physical assessment (after physician consult if necessary).
- Dispense medication under M.D. supervision and administration of oral, I.M. and I.V. medication as ordered by M.D., FNP, and CNW.
- Case manage high-risk patients.
- Facilitate patient/family group education sessions.
- Coordinate patient flow and triage patients in the absence of the provider when provider is out or unavailable.
- Update on-call providers daily on changing needs of complex, high maintenance or high-risk patients.
- Maintain infection control within the clinic.
- Perform laboratory procedures when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
The RN will use PHI to answer patient questions about their medical problems or plan of care, to triage and schedule appointments for urgent medical problems, to relay information from the health care providers to the patient and to provider nursing visits at patients homes. Applying the minimum necessary rules of HIPAA, the designated record sets to which this employee will have access include: scheduling, demographics, and view only patient account information in the practice management system, and the complete medical record, including confidential sections.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in English and Spanish, both written and spoken language, preferred.
- Commitment to providing quality health care to all.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with patients and staff from a wide range of ethnic, economic, cultural and social backgrounds.
Education and Experience Required:
- Current Oregon RN license
- At least 6 months of nursing experience
- Experience working in a community health setting is preferred
This is a contract position that does have the opportunity of going permanent offered by Abbott & Associates Professional Placement with their client company.
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates was recognized as a 2018 Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Abbott & Associates has been rated as one of America's Best Temporary Staffing Firms of 2020 by Forbes!
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!
Abbott & Associates Professional PlacementWhy Work Here?
Rated one of America's Best Staffing Firms by Forbes in 2020!
A full service staffing offering temporary, temp-to-hire and permanent placement services. We specialize in healthcare, dental, administrative, accounting and finance, marketing and sales industries.
HealthcareView all jobs at Abbott & Associates Professional Placement