Immunology Sales Representative, Gastro - Santa Clarita
USA, California, Santa Clarita
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Deliver sales performance, brand key performance indicators, financial targets, marketing objectives, etc. to meet or exceed on those objectives.
- Build pre-call plan using SMART objectives and execute post-call evaluation to continuously improve sales performance. Effectively balance objections, misunderstandings, concerns and consistently gain logical and reasonable calls to action in order to close on every sales call.
- Actively and continuously seek to serve customer needs, customer expectations and challenges to build trusted customer relationships and to achieve successful agreements between AbbVie and customers.
- Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set call metrics and optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers to improve access and sales opportunities.
- Continuously develop understanding of customer needs and expectations, territory market landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, accounts, disease, product, clinical and sales expertise. Share this market intelligence information with in-field team, brand team and sales manager to stay aligned, to anticipate environmental changes and challenges and to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
- Differentiate AbbVie's value proposition with health providers. Identify, develop and maintain disease state experts, speakers and advocates to improve brand performance.
- Bachelor's degree, biological sciences, pharmacy, business related field, or equivalent.
- Consistent track record of success in selling and solid presentation skills. Demonstrates in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product, and competitive knowledge and is recognized as a skilled resource by all important partners. Strong eye for business and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities. Actively identifies customer style / behavior and adapts quickly all aspects of selling approach.
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities.
- Provides impact with ideas for the organization and anticipates and responds to changes. Takes ownership by resolving problems and thinks of implication on the larger organization.
- Influences others and is viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers. Builds partnership with district colleagues and matrix team, etc. Leads by example; consistently displays positive behaviors and peer mentoring through changing and demanding environments.
- Understands and uses findings to develop sales strategies. Consistently exemplifies ability to sustain elevated expectations.
- Assists team in identifying internal and external information resources and learning opportunities.
- Preferred: Consistent record in sales performance within respective therapeutic areas. Commercial pharmaceutical industry experiences such as physician/account based selling, training, market access or marketing preferred. English language proficiency verbally and in writing (for all non-English speaking countries).
- Significant Work Activities and Conditions: N/A
- Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time