Who We Are
Founded in May 1983, Abatix has grown into a nationally recognized supplier of safety, environmental, construction, janitorial, and industrial products carrying thousands of products and supporting customers across the nation.
Our team is our #1 asset. Abatix takes pride that we have been able to attract and keep great employees, which translates into the best possible support for our customers.
Why work for a mega-corporation where you are just another employee? At Abatix, we are a family and we make a difference for our customers!
The Administrative Assistant will welcome & assist guests in person or over the phone in a warm & friendly manner, making sure each experience is a great one. This role is also responsible for assisting with administrative duties, projects, and helping the Regional Manager with any other tasks that may arise. Strives for 100% of customers to Experience the Difference. Ensures Abatix is represented in a positive manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer all incoming phone calls and assist customers with inquiries
- Greet all visitors & walk in customers in a professional warm manner
- Be present at front desk at all times with exception of breaks and lunch periods
- Performs data entry and other computer tasks
- Open, sort and distribute all incoming mail, faxes, & AP email invoices in a timely fashion
- Assist Regional and Operations Managers with special projects and tasks
- Works with vendors
- Other duties as necessary
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Displays a high level of professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (word and excel)
- Expert in utilizing Gmail, Google Drive, Google Apps, and Google Calendar
- Highly organized
- Professional appearance
- Great interpersonal skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and a sense of responsibility when it comes to their work
- A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
Benefits of the Abatix Family
- You start earning PTO on Day 1 because we believe in your work/life balance
- We offer you choices in healthcare plans
- We are an ESOP which means if we make money - you make money!
- We match contributions to your 401(k) plan because we believe in your financial future
- We give you additional Life Insurance at no cost to you
- We offer STD, LTD and additional insurances so you can make sure your family is secure
- We offer flexible spending accounts for medical and child care expenses
Abatix is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.