THIS IS A ROLE TO WORK INTERNALLY AT COVENDIS.THIS ROLE IS TEMP TO PERMANENT POSITION.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCAL, IN ATLANTA AREA.
02/24/2020 - 05/24/2020
Monday Yes Tuesday Yes Wednesday Yes Thursday Yes Friday Yes Saturday No Sunday No
EST Shifts Start Time End Time Description Active Shift 1 9:00 AM 6:00 PM Yes
P O S I T I O N
Application Developer – Java Web
Covendis is a market leading technology for the procurement of contingent labor and scope of work (SOW) projects for clients across North America. Our software as a service (SaaS) helps other companies manage their contractors and consultants. Our organization is unique due to our best in class processes, our proprietary technology and amazing personnel. Poised for aggressive growth in 2020 in a buoyant industry, we are looking for an Application Developer to help take the system to the next level.
Our people are important to us. We offer a full suite of benefits like paid vacation and holidays and a generous 401(k) plan.
As an Application Developer, you will be in a dynamic position that helps develop, improve, and support the general upkeep of the system. This may include work on key projects for UI development and functionality improvement, support back end implementation, system changes for clients, and much more.
The successful candidate will be trained to work with our proprietary software working directly with the Chief Architect and will have significant strategic and creative input on how we to take our technology to the future.
- Identify and present solutions that promote the values of Covendis
- Production support and lead troubleshooting as needed
- SQL server DBA functions
- Support account services team (software helpdesk team) on resolving escalated technical issues
- Quality assurance of software
- System customization for new and existing installations
- Support of Servers and Services being used in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Strong experience with Java, Spring MVC, Hibernate, JPA, Spring, HTML, CSS, AWS and relational databases. Excellent communication is a MUST.
- 2+ years application development experience which includes the programming/ development of web applications using Java, Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate, JPA, Maven, rules engines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience integrating applications and designing and developing web services and frameworks. Extensive front and back end experience required
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience working directly with end users to understand and translate requirements to design
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate new and emerging technologies and vendor products and to constructively apply them to meet identified business and technology goals
- Ability to work in a collaborative/team environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and realize those strategies in application design
- Strong ability to diagnose critical problems and develop solutions
- Ability to take part in production support and lead troubleshooting calls as needed
- Strong understanding and experience with SQL/Stored Procedure
- Strong understanding and experience with test-driven development
- Relational databases - preferably SQL Server
- Knowledge of Versata would be a plus
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be a plus.
Covendis is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.