Consultant's Title: Python / Django Developer
Work Location: Princeton, NJ area
Work environment (private office?, cube?, high rise office building?): Private Grade A office space
Who does this position will report to?: Team Lead
What is the start date of the contract?: ASAP
What is the anticipated length/scope of the contract?: 5 months with potential for extension
Responsibilities: In this role the successful candidate will work with in a team to follow the teams Scrum life cycle practices but also work independently designing, developing, and testing application software programs.
Role with the group (manager, programmer, etc.): Web Programmer Analyst
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional application development experience
- In-depth knowledge of Python Development, experience with Python Metaclasses, Django, Flask, Celery
- Knowledge of .Net Development, emphasis on C# .Net Core using Entity Framwork
- Concurrency and multi-threading in long running daemon processes
- RDBMS knowledge (PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MS SQL Server
- Experience in the full gamut of testing software (unit testing, system testing, integration testing)
- Version control software experience, git preferred
- AWS experience with strong emphasis on EC2, EBS, S3, and SQS
- Extremely solid experience developing web application using open source
- Batch oriented and event based system knowledge
Education: BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Selling point of the job: This is a great opportunity for an individual to work with a great company in a unique domain. Also a great opportunity to work in a top notch Grade A office space.
Work Hours and Schedule (flex time? required overtime?) Standard business hours with overtime based on the project requirements and critical issue resolution needs.
Is there travel involved? Possible, on occasion this individual will have to respond to application problems or meetings at other corporate sites.
Is overtime paid, and is it at straight time? Yes, time and a half
Dress Code: Business Casual
Who is involved in the interview process? Team Lead, Director of IT, Director of Operations
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.