Neptune City, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
Position Title: MES Automation Engineer
Work Location: Hamilton, NJ area
Work environment: Office Building
Why is this position open? Company is growing
Projects involved with: The successful candidate’s sole focus will not just be technical, you will interface directly customer manufacturing, engineering, operational, and IT Staff. As for the hands-on part of this opportunity you will participate in software architectural design, development of software applications, and the integration into enterprise systems.
- Develop technical deliverables base on specification requirements, design specification, and test specifications.
- Build software applications that integrate with existing automation and information systems to provide production metrics such as OEE, quality control test records, track & trace by material lot, and Electronic Batch Records
- Modify or develop PLC and HMI software to support operational changes and improvements on the plant floor
- Gather and define requirements through interfacing with clients, review documentation, stay in constant contact with clients to define overall technical approach for solutions
- Minimum 1 year experience designing/implementing industrial control applications
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time and work in a plant environment 30% of the time.
- Experience with Rockwell FactoryTalk, Wonderware IAS, GE Proficy/Inductive Automation Ignition and Web Development
- Experience with SQL Server syntax
- Experience with MS SQL SSRS
- Experience with the following- Parsec TrakSys, Sepasoft, Rockwell VantagePoint, Rockwell Metrics and Historians such as OSI Pi or Rockwell FTHistorian.
- Exposure to MES technologies, including automated data collection, database applications, data archiving & historian applications, data visualization concepts, efficiency & QC/QA concepts for manufacturing, interfaces to ERP Systems, SCADA, and manufacturing scheduling concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science/Technology
Selling point of the job: This is a very well-established company with clients across many landscapes. They are growing and looking to expand opening offices across the Tri-State area. Strong willingness to promote from within.
Work Hours and Schedule: Standard Business Hours, must be willing to work in a plant environment 30% of the time.
Is there travel involved? If so how much? Must be willing to travel 40% of the time.
Target Start Date: ASAP
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.
AddressNeptune City, NJ
EngineeringView all jobs at Aavalar