Contract Specialist II
Aalis Management Consulting is an 8(a) certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) driven by the same principles that guide our armed forces. Founded by a US Army veteran, we take pride in our core values: excellence in reputation, commitment, candor, teamwork, and dependability.
Title: Contract Specialist II
Client: Federal Agency
Location: Remote, US based
Clearance: Public Trust
Number of Position(s): 2
Work Schedule: 8a-5p
Workday: Monday – Friday
Ability to Travel: 0
The contractor shall assist with the following:
- Assist with acquisition planning and developing acquisition milestones to ensure timely execution of awards.
- Editing or authoring statements of work, performance work statements, statement of objectives, quality assurance surveillance plans, acquisition plans and independent government cost estimates.
- Selection of types of contract vehicles.
- Solicitations and combined synopsis solicitations.
- Request for quotes, small business determinations, and set asides.
- Evaluating quotations/proposals
- Sources selection, technical and/or price evaluation.
- Award decision/source selection decision documentation, and price negotiation memorandums.
- Advising in negotiation proceedings, making contract awards, notifying, and debriefing unsuccessful offerors.
- Working in concert with the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) for performance related issues.
- Exercising options and contract extensions.
- Executing unilateral, bilateral and administrative modifications, and memorandums to file.
- Tracking expenditures, project progress and requirement changes.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with 24 semester hours in business-related coursework, from an accredited college or university. In lieu of a college degree, 10 years of federal contract specialist experience.
- Must have 5+ years of contract specialist experience
- Possess knowledge of the principles of acquisition planning, pre-award processes, contract administration, and price/cost analysis techniques.
- Must be well versed on the Federal Acquisition Regulations, specifically the FAR Part 8, 12, 13, 15 and 19.
- Possess strong analytical and writing skills.
- Proficiency in the use of PRISM or other contract writing tools.
- Working knowledge of federal procurement regulations and policies.
- Ability to perform cost and/or price analysis functions.
- Knowledgeable and experience using electronic media, including Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power-Point, etc.).
- Excellent writing skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Thrive in a team-oriented, collaborative, results-driven workplace.
Aalis Management Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
Aalis Management ConsultingWashington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.