AZPetVet is looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist. If you love to stay busy, learn new things, and work as part of a team keep reading! This position will report to our new Payroll Manager at our Glendale, AZ location.
The Payroll Specialist will process biweekly payroll and maintain employee records.
• Performs daily payroll department operations.
• Manages workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
• Responsible for payroll audit preformed each pay period.
• Payroll specialist will be responsible for full-cycle processing of 11 separate animal hospitals.
• Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system, Paylocity; information may include demographic information, employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
• Weekly timesheet processing, working directly with hospital managers to ensure timesheets are accurate.
• Responding to payroll-related inquires and resolving concerns.
• Processing workers comp injury reports, FMLA.
• Maintain payroll system is up-to-date and accurate.
• Calculated final checks as needed.
• Processes and enters new wage garnishments orders, unemployment wage claims and other requests for information.
• Reconcile payroll data and prepare the necessary journal entry and upload into the accounting system for posting.
• Ensure payroll is processed accurately and timely.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll software.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Paylocity experience
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• One year of experience in payroll required.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
It is the policy of AZPetVet to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AZPetVet will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.