This entry level position is a great opportunity for someone looking to get into the animal field. The ideal candidate should be a hard worker, possess a love for animals and people, be able to work well with others, and who is able to prioritize tasks during a shift. We are looking for someone with a great work ethic and someone not afraid to get their hands dirty.
Duties may include the following:
- cleaning, general sanitizing of dog and cat kennels; doing laundry, cleaning equipment, mopping floors, organizing medical supplies, keeping treatment area free of debris and clutter and many other cleaning duties.
- basic maintenance duties such as changing light bulbs, cleaning refrigerator, cleaning and organizing the employee kitchen, sweeping floors, spot cleaning walls.
- restraining animals for technicians and doctors
- wrapping surgical packs; cleaning and sterilizing surgical instruments
- taking weights and temperatures of animals
We are looking for candidates who have flexibility in their schedule. Candidates who show growth in this role will have an opportunity for other possible positions as they may become available.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
It is the policy of AZPetVet to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AZPetVet will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.