AZ Pet Vet is a growing co-operative group of 21 individually owned animal hospitals throughout the Phoenix metro area. We are seeking a detail oriented, critical thinking, and self managed professional with exceptional customer service skills for our Full Time IT Support Technician position, to work on-site at our main office in Glendale, as well as traveling to our various hospital locations as needed.
The ideal candidate will provide technical support over phone, email, and on-site visits to our 21 animal hospitals and main office. The technician will be using various systems, tools and applications for the purpose of resolving issues with various devices such as computers, printers, practice management software, payment systems and various attached medical equipment and other systems. The technician will also be using various hand and power tools to install new systems and equipment and will provide some training for staff if needed on the new equipment. The technician will be responsible for logging all details of work done to the various equipment and systems at the hospitals into our service management system to ensure all issues and new installations are responded to promptly and resolved quickly. The technician must have a reliable vehicle and will travel to our 21 hospital locations as needed for equipment drop off or pick up, equipment repairs, hardware and software installations and more. Travel will be about 50% of the time.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Provide exceptional support to our hospital and office staff on the various systems and equipment they use and need to operate the businesses
• Use asset and help desk management system to log all work done on the systems and applications at the hospitals and main office office
• Ensure all hospital and office systems are operational , running properly, and maintaining high availability and report any maintenance needs, potential problems or problem/failure trends
• Availability to be on call after main office hours and weekends and may need to work some nights and weekends during special projects, updates, and maintenance
• Maintain high work efficiency and quick response times
• Strong working knowledge of various computer systems, printers, and peripherals, operating systems including Windows, Android, and Apple iOS, applications such as Office 2007-2013, Adobe Acrobat
• Excellent verbal and electronic communication skills to provide exceptional service
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills
• Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve reported problems, requests, and questions quickly and completely
• Ability to work with hand and power tools to mount computers, monitors, shelves, racks and other equipment as needed
• Must know how to assemble and disassemble computers and other equipment for repairs
• Ability to adjust to the varying knowledge and skill levels of the various end users
• Work experience of 3 - 5 years installing and providing technical support for Windows based computers, attached peripherals, printers, etc.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and systems
• Use various hand and power tools to install computer equipment and peripherals on walls and under counter tops as well as network, phone, and coax cables
• Ability to conduct technical research via internet, manuals and other means to support troubleshooting and installation processes
• Must have a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel to our 21 hospital locations as needed for equipment drop off or pick up, equipment repairs, hardware and software installations and more. Travel will be about 50% of the time.
• Must be comfortable working in a hospital environment around animals and their owners and various types of medical and surgical care
• Detail oriented, self starter with outstanding customer service skills