AZPetVet has added new positions to support the company’s growth, one being a Facilities Manager! This new position will be responsible for the maintenance of all 21 AZPetVet animal hospitals as well as the Group Office. If you are self-motivated, strive for continuous improvement, have a high sense of urgency, and are ready to build this position from the ground up, keep reading.
• Hires, trains, and maintains an appropriate workforce of maintenance professionals
• Direct and supervise the staff and day-to-day operations of the facilities team, ensuring timely service and productivity
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop facilities management and safety policies and procedures
• Determine, schedule, and supervise repairs or renovation projects
• Ensure equipment is maintained and operating properly
• Oversee and Identify safety and security risks of buildings and grounds
• Collaborates with other appropriate leadership staff to prepare and implement a budget
• Negotiate with outside vendors for supplies, and services
• Ensure compliance with local codes and other state and federal regulations
• Develop contingency and business continuity plans
• Maintains files of warranties, records, licenses, inspections, service agreements, and contracts for key pieces of equipment.
• Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management
• Must be a well-organized, detail and customer (internal and external), oriented self-starter
• Ability to understand written directions in manuals and on manufacturer websites
• Strong procurement and negotiation skills
• 3-5 years of experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent related functions
• Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as required to complete and maintain records
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the facilities.
• Must be able to access all parts of the company equipment.