AZPetVet is a family of 21 animal hospitals all over the Phoenix metro area. We are looking for a strong data analyst who loves to work with Tableau! See below for more details.
This position will need to be highly knowledgeable in various databases, data mining programs, techniques and analysis tools. To excel in this position, you will need a high attention to detail, a strong work ethic and to be a self-starter, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills. You will be responsible for managing all data sets, developing reports using Tableau and troubleshooting data issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage and maintain master data sets, including commissioning, decommissioning, and updates
• Provide technical advice on data structures, mining and cleansing
• Manage users and user roles to ensure data security
• Manage and design of the data and report environment, including data sources and security
• Troubleshooting the data, reports, and reporting environment
• Processing confidential data and information according to company guidelines
• Help develop reports and analysis from single or multiple systems
• Provide quality assurance of data in the reports
• Training end users on new reports and dashboards
• Strong knowledge and experience as a data analyst
• Several years of experience developing Tableau dashboards and reports
• Direct experience with SQL, MySQL, and SyBase databases and query languages
• Experience with API database connections
• Experience with JSON, Python and other query and programming languages
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and present reports and data with attention to details and accuracy
• Ability to work with stakeholders and management
• Ability to talk in non-technical, lay terms
• Ability to analyze existing systems, databases and tools to provide solution recommendations
• High-level experience in managing databases
• High-level written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science recommended but not required
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers and fax machines, along with servers, database software, and other various software.
The majority of time is spent in a sedentary role.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work – This is a Full-Time position with the majority of work hours and days generally being 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. There may be occasionally required night work doing maintenance or updates.